Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    The first time I heard Coach Brown speak, I pegged his IQ at around 75. But the video of the players in absolute jubilation when it was announced we signed him to a contract, made me think he could turn out okay. He just needed to use his God-given assets and start hauling in some Lunkers from the deep South. Without an amazing roster of athletes, or a couple Larry Brown types as assistants, Mr. Brown has zero chance.
    you peg everybody's IQ at 75

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you peg everybody's IQ at 75
      Touche'

Comment

Boatright has to go first. I don't want him anywhere near the next hire.

Also, getting rid of Boatright gives a new AD a chance at reconnecting with the big money donors and make something happen.

But the sooner we part ways with both, the better off we are.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Our best hope is for IB admits he is over his head and resigns as HC. Hold search and hope for the best, anything other than that will result in a long 3 years of downward spiral.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
            Our best hope is for IB admits he is over his head and resigns as HC. Hold search and hope for the best, anything other than that will result in a long 3 years of downward spiral.
            They say IB is a hell of a nice guy. I say we find out just how nice. Perhaps a heartfelt please is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

They say IB is a hell of a nice guy. I say we find out just how nice. Perhaps a heartfelt please is enough.
              agreed, have heard nothing but great things about the man. And wish him and the team all the best, hope they can grow and improve. But right now they appear to be over there heads in many areas.

Comment

News flash: College basketball is suffering and is not a good investment right now. Even teams that are winning are drawing terrible crowds even though their announced attendance may look okay on paper.

Seriously, the end of the college game we knew is near. Between the NCAA and their absurd non enforcement of rules and illogical granting of waivers, the transfer portal, AAU basketball, NIL, CoVid and 5 million other things people find to do with their time, do you think someone is going to spend money on buying out a coach in year 1.5? They can get way more return in investment by sinking $$$$ into the Innovation Campus and putting their name on a working building at 17th and Oliver. Even if there was such a person, chances are they are disgusted with the AD over the handling of FHCGM.

This trend started three years ago, and Boatright by signing IB to a ridiculous contract should have known he probably wouldn’t get his return on investment no matter how well he did. The support for the sport just isn’t there anymore in its pure form. The smart teams of the world may be the ones that play buy road games the entire non conference schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Boatright has to go first. I don't want him anywhere near the next hire.
                  And Muma has to go before him for the same reason (unless the BOD will hire the next AD)
                  The Assman

Comment

I rarely post, but occasionally I get some info from a person in the know that I am allowed to share.

1. No current movement to replace the coach at this time.
                    2. Huge frustration that the athletic department is looking the other way yet again on something with the team. This is similar to how they looked the other way on GM issues for many years.
                    3. This item being ignored is legal to some degree in most states, but not in KS. It is a very big problem with multiple players on the team to the point where some are wondering if it explains the highly inconsistent play we are seeing game to game. Yes, this is common with many players out there on many different teams across the US. However, this is not casual usage from what my source has been told.
                    4. While big donors are not ready to see a coaching change, many are quite ready to see major changes in the athletic department administration.

Not here to spread rumors or demonize anybody. Just sharing what I was told from a person who has had very correct info in the past. If this post breaks any type of rules, feel free to delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

And Muma has to go before him for the same reason (unless the BOD will hire the next AD)
                      Why do you hate Muma? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                        I rarely post, but occasionally I get some info from a person in the know that I am allowed to share.

2. Huge frustration that the athletic department is looking the other way yet again on something with the team. This is similar to how they looked the other way on GM issues for many years.
                        3. This item being ignored is legal to some degree in most states, but not in KS. It is a very big problem with multiple players on the team to the point where some are wondering if it explains the highly inconsistent play we are seeing game to game. Yes, this is common with many players out there on many different teams across the US. However, this is not casual usage from what my source has been told.
                        4. While big donors are not ready to see a coaching change, many are quite ready to see major changes in the athletic department administration.

Not here to spread rumors or demonize anybody. Just sharing what I was told from a person who has had very correct info in the past. If this post breaks any type of rules, feel free to delete it.
                        If I am an administrator or a president, I am going to spin number 3 into lack of institutional control and grounds to clean house with cause.

Comment

Does the coach partake in said activity?

Just kidding.

Thats a pretty bad look, if true.

I hope the big donors are really pushing hard for athletic department overhaul. It seems the only way this university listens to anything is if it has something to do with $$$. Go donors.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU doesn't have to do any drug testing?

Comment

Don't see us winning any of our next 3. Should we go 0-3 I'm probably on board with a complete tank job. I'm afraid no action will be taken unless it's the only option.

The last thing we need is to go 6-4 or 7-3 down the stretch giving the powers that be an out.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Why do you hate Muma? Do you know something the rest of us don't?
                                I’m sure he’s a great person, personally. I haven’t seen or heard to suggest anything to suggest otherwise.

I just haven’t seen anything to suggest he knows to steer athletics in a successful direction.

Yes, a university is more than athletics. However, pragmatically, athletics do play a huge role in the success of a university. So getting it right is of upmost importance.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X