Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Can you?
    Options
    Fire IB tomorrow (1/2 season )
    Fire IB at the end of the season (1 season)
    Give IB another year (2 seasons)
    Let IB finish his contract (5 seasons)

There is no option for 3 years which is when his buyout goes from full remaining value of the contract to half the remaining value of the contract.

Yeah, you still aren’t comprehending very well.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Yeah, you still aren’t comprehending very well.
      The only thing I can figure out is you think we should ignore all financial implications when making this decision. Which would be the most idiotic thing we could possibly do...so I can't imagine you are THAT dumb to assume that. Maybe I'm wrong with that assumption though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The only thing I can figure out is you think we should ignore all financial implications when making this decision. Which would be the most idiotic thing we could possibly do...so I can't imagine you are THAT dumb to assume that. Maybe I'm wrong with that assumption though.
        Read the topic of the thread over and over and over again. Maybe by age 30, you'll get it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is a stupid topic.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
            This is a stupid topic.
            Not as stupid as that post.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

IMO, he definitely gets another year. I think it would be a terrible look for the program to fire him after this year, just a season removed from winning the regular season AAC title. If this season stays on the same trajectory it's currently on and IB can't seem to get the ship heading in the right direction next season, then it should seriously be considered. If he shows progress in turning around, what we assume is a lost season, come next year; he deserves to go into the 3rd season of his contract. A lot of question marks, that he will need to have positive answers for along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                This is a stupid topic.
                It's not a stupid topic if you never wanted Brown as the coach. These same people did not like Brown when he was winning last year.. So they are not going to cut him any slack now that the team is losing. And most of these guys also hate DB for accepting Marshall resignation and subsequently hiring Brown. You must realize that the hate is strong in some of thse guys. It's a waste of time to talk to them. Go Shocks.

Comment

It serves no purpose to fire him before the end of the season. I also don’t want IB fired before Darron because he shouldn’t get to make the next hire either. Therefore, I would be tolerate another year of IB so that a new AD could be prepped to make a new hire in March 2023. I just hope that either Chris Jans or Mark Turgeon is available by then. I am going to be incredibly pissed if K-State hires Chris this offseason, making WSU a clear #3 in the state again.
                  78-65

Comment

If he got the job by surprisingly finishing 1st in a weird unbalanced schedule season, shouldn't he be able to lose the job if he finishes at the bottom of the conference with virtually the same team?
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
                      IMO, he definitely gets another year. I think it would be a terrible look for the program to fire him after this year, just a season removed from winning the regular season AAC title. If this season stays on the same trajectory it's currently on and IB can't seem to get the ship heading in the right direction next season, then it should seriously be considered. If he shows progress in turning around, what we assume is a lost season, come next year; he deserves to go into the 3rd season of his contract. A lot of question marks, that he will need to have positive answers for along the way.
                      Sometimes people need to let them hang and do what needs to be done, not worry about "how it looks"

Comment

Non- renew Boatright this summer.
                        Hire new ad this fall.
                        IB gets next season.
                        Unless huge steps forward are taken, new ad fires IB and hires a new coach after next season.

That's my hope anyway. If IB is bad enough to get fired this quickly, no way should Boatright get to pick his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

It's not a stupid topic if you never wanted Brown as the coach. These same people did not like Brown when he was winning last year.. So they are not going to cut him any slack now that the team is losing. And most of these guys also hate DB for accepting Marshall resignation and subsequently hiring Brown. You must realize that the hate is strong in some of thse guys. It's a waste of time to talk to them. Go Shocks.
                          A lover of losing.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Sometimes people need to let them hang and do what needs to be done, not worry about "how it looks"
                            I have thought about this recently. Who gives a flip how others think it “looks?”

East Tennessee State ran off a coach after a year because important members of the community were happy with players kneeling during anthem. At the time, I honestly wasn’t so sure about “the look” of that, considering that a large chunk of college basketball players are black. You know what though? ETSU is 11-8 with a ranking in the 150-170ish range. Is that awesome? No…but at a school like ETSU in a conference like the SoCon, going off the rails could drop a team to a 200-250 range…or worse. That obviously hasn’t happened.

Do what YOU feel is best for your program and don’t worry about what others think, particularly those who won’t give a damn about helping improve your program if/when things go south.

I got criticized by a couple people after making a complimentary social media post about Gregg after he resigned. One guy flat-out called Gregg an SOB (block hammer came quickly from me). That jackass who isn’t a WSU fan couldn’t care less about our program right now, so who TF cares what he ultimately thinks…then or now.
                            78-65

Comment

Problem is, we’re regressing from last season with a lot of the same key players from last season.

Is there a single player that you can point to and say, dang he’s gotten a lot better? Sure, the guys have to put in the work, but according to reports the guys are doing that. What does that leave?

Huge red flags right there

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Problem is, we’re regressing from last season with a lot of the same key players from last season.

Is there a single player that you can point to and say, dang he’s gotten a lot better? Sure, the guys have to put in the work, but according to reports the guys are doing that. What does that leave?

Huge red flags right there
                                Porter has gotten better...

But yea that's it so your point is still valid.

Comment

Working...
                                X