Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you want to play....given a bracket choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you want to play....given a bracket choice?

If the Number One seeds come out as Kentucky, Syracuse, Kansas, and UNC...who makes for the best match up?

Kentucky hasn't shown much weakness...UNC can have problems with teams that get hot from bonuslandia (as FSU and Miami proved), Syracuse has lost only to 10 loss Notre Dame (who got hot & hit 50% from the 3 point arc and 50% FG).

Me? I think I'd pick KU over KY, Cuse, and UNC...but UNC would be a close second because the Heels can get rattled by quick shooting guards who get hot outside.

KU, easy choice. They've shown the most weakness and considering they won't play us, it's a "no win" situation for them. :D

Comment

If we had to choose from that pool:

#1 - Syracuse. They've been good, but they seem like the weakest one seed. They are given a handicap just because they come from the Big East, in my opinion. Plus, they have a train wreck of off the court things going on up there that have to be distracting. Every three questions at their press conferences will deal with drugs or Bernie Fine.

#2 - Kansas. I don't like matching up against their big guys inside, but like our chances with the guards.

#3 - North Carolina. They are streaky and unpredictable, but when they're hot, they are lights out.

#4 - Kentucky. That team is just terrifying.

Comment

You just defined WSU with #3

Comment

I don't give a ****. Yes, I said c-r-a-p again. We can play with anyone and will have a shot no matter what. Just bring on the games!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't want Kentucky or KU. I don't think our post game matches up with them.

I'll take Cuse or UNC or whoever else might get a #1 seed out there. Missouri, Duke, Michigan State, whoever. I don't want to see us have to deal with TRob or Davis from Kentucky.

Comment

Kentucky would be my last choice for sure. That team is stacked, especially talented inside.

Comment

I want Kentucky very badly. There would be no expectations from anyone outside of Shocker nation that we could even hang with these guys. There would be no pressure whatsoever. I believe the Shox could go into that game and just play hard and care free knowing what the odds would be. That might be an advantage. Besides, if we could be so fortunate to beat the overall number 1 seed, that would Shock the world.

Comment

Carolina. Nothing I'd love better than to give ole Deputy Dawg a big fat shucky darns sandwich to chew on all summer.

Serious asshat that needs a beating.

Comment

Doc, if you've ever hit a nail on the head you did it with that post.

Comment

I just want to be in the final four. Easiest route possible is ok with me. That is probably Syracuse or KU.

The problem with beating NC would be the following hassle for HCGM and staff to deal with the NCAA investigation. That would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        I just want to be in the final four. Easiest route possible is ok with me. That is probably Syracuse or KU.

The problem with beating NC would be the following hassle for HCGM and staff to deal with the NCAA investigation. That would suck!
                        Bring it on. The program has never been cleaner.

Comment

Yep. I have no doubts. Just smiling with the thought of damage control from Roy's crew. That would truly be some March Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

The NCAA is too busy investigating Syracuse every week. They don't have time for us lowly "mid-major" programs.

Comment

Originally posted by billybud View Post
                              If the Number One seeds come out as Kentucky, Syracuse, Kansas, and UNC...who makes for the best match up?

Kentucky hasn't shown much weakness...UNC can have problems with teams that get hot from bonuslandia (as FSU and Miami proved),
                              I think you're mixing up UNC and Duke. While FSU killed UNC from 3, UNC handled Miami easily, and Miami wasn't particularly hot from 3 in either game. Miami did beat Duke at Cameron, though.

I think Kentucky is the best team in the nation ... that said, anyone can lose, and all it takes is that one night where they're off their game and their opponents are on fire.

I'd rather have UNC or Kansas over the other two, though. They're both very talented teams, but have been much less consistent than Kentucky/Syracuse over the course of the season.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X