Cincinnati at Wichita State Game Thread 1-16-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    “It means that we did take higher percentage shots, being that they were more two-pointers than three-pointers,” Etienne said. “I still think that we’re a good shooting team and we need to shoot threes more.”
    That's a bullshit idea and shows signs that he really doesn't get it.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Etienne says the team needs to take more 3's. IB says the team needs to take fewer 3's. TE was unhappy with the low number of 3's against Cincy. IB was happy with the low number of 3's. Players wanting the opposite of what the coach wants is not a good thing.

Comment

• Judging by all of those quotes, this team is never gonna get it and is a lost cause.

TE will never sniff the NBA.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I didn't listen to the post game yesterday. Does anyone have a summary of what MK and IB had to say?
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Missed too many easy shots, going to go back to work and try to get better.

Comment

• there's 2 reasons TE is taking contested shots, either 1) his offense is not better than a decent college defender, or 2) he's getting doubled and not recognizing the open man. Pick whichever one you want, that doesn't scream NBA level skill or decision making.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                But KP can with a step back open three.
                KP is shooting 28% from deep on mostly wide open looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                  Here's a quote from Etienne after the game. It doesn't seem to occur to him that if the opponents are making it difficult for him, they're making it easier for somebody else.

“Anybody in my situation knows I’m not going to get clean looks,” Etienne said. “I’m going to have to take contested shots because those are the options I’m getting. That’s the whole objective of the scouting report is to make sure I don’t get anything easy. I made some tough shots and I missed some down the stretch, but I felt like for the most part I did well on my tough shots. I don’t really expect to get anything easy. That’s just the nature of being who I am.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                  That sums up TE. He knows the situation and doesn't care. He is going to get his shots up no matter what.

This is what happens when you don't have a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

That sums up TE. He knows the situation and doesn't care. He is going to get his shots up no matter what.
                    Both can be right. Ten three point shots was too few (especially considering a couple of the shots were end of shot clock prayers) and in past games we took too many bad three pointers. Tyson was right about yesterday’s game and Coach IB is right about past games.

I think any coach will tell you the way we tried to score was remarkably inefficient yesterday. The resulting percentages were not surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      there's 2 reasons TE is taking contested shots, either 1) his offense is not better than a decent college defender, or 2) he's getting doubled and not recognizing the open man. Pick whichever one you want, that doesn't scream NBA level skill or decision making.
                      Go find the tape of the wide open players in yesterday’s game. I promise in most situations the open player received a pass

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Go find the tape of the wide open players in yesterday’s game. I promise in most situations the open player received a pass
                        I'm sure they did. How many times did TE take contested shots? That's the topic of discussion here. I did not say he never passes the ball. Tyson has a tendency to fall in love with the idea of saving the team, especially in the final 10 minutes of the game. His passes become fewer and his contested shots become greater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I'm sure they did. How many times did TE take contested shots? That's the topic of discussion here. I did not say he never passes the ball. Tyson has a tendency to fall in love with the idea of saving the team, especially in the final 10 minutes of the game. His passes become fewer and his contested shots become greater.
                          IB stopped the motion and started the PnR offense the last part of the game in order to facilitate getting the ball in the hands of our best player in order to take those contested shots. Problem is, our best player isn't very good.

It's the whole "doing the same thing and expecting different results" thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

IB stopped the motion and started the PnR offense the last part of the game in order to facilitate getting the ball in the hands of our best player in order to take those contested shots. Problem is, our best player isn't very good.

It's the whole "doing the same thing and expecting different results" thing.
                            Our best player was out for healthy and safety
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Judging by all of those quotes, this team is never gonna get it and is a lost cause.

TE will never sniff the NBA.
                              Not this summer, but if he transfers to a disciplinarian that runs a good offense, he would have a chance.

no racehorse runs without a bridle.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                                I didn't listen to the post game yesterday. Does anyone have a summary of what MK and IB had to say?
                                I didn;t pay much attention, but if I had to guess.

“Sunshine. Rainbows. Everything is okay. Good opponents. They just made more shots. Missed some chances at the end. This teams has good shooters. They still have a chance to do good things. Lollipops. Puppy dogs.”
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X