Cincinnati at Wichita State Game Thread 1-16-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m not pumping Brown at all, as I do have my concerns about him, but I have serious concerns and doubts about the makeup of this squad. If the roster stays mostly the same and we head into the next year, I’ll be extremely worried. As bad as it feels to say, we need to rotate out some of these players and get those who can actually knock down open shots. We miss an alarming amount, as Eldridge has pointed out
    It's as much, if not more, on the coach to get the team across the finish line as it on the players. Our team does not finish.

Comment

• Maybe some more COVID cancellations wouldn’t be a bad thing, at this point.
      The Assman

Comment

• With over 20 seconds to go I thought for sure we were gonna try to get 2 instead of going for a 3-ball. Plenty of time to get a 2 then d-up and try to force a turnover. Would've preferred seeing that attempt.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Tulsa also winless in conference play. They have Frank Haith as coach. He is a terrible coach

Comment

• Tyson, Mo and Ricky took 44 of the Shocks 59 shots. They made 14 for a comined 31.8%. The rest of the team was 8-15 (53.3%).

The Shocks were good from the line hitting 10 of 12.

Mike and Dave give the Player of the Game to Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m not pumping Brown at all, as I do have my concerns about him, but I have serious concerns and doubts about the makeup of this squad. If the roster stays mostly the same and we head into the next year, I’ll be extremely worried. As bad as it feels to say, we need to rotate out some of these players and get those who can actually knock down open shots. We miss an alarming amount, as Eldridge has pointed out
              We definitely need players that can hit open shots. We're suppose to have knock down shooters but they miss so many wide open shots. You can not play today's games without players able to knock down a shots or even shoot mid range pull ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Tulsa also winless in conference play. They have Frank Haith as coach. He is a terrible coach
                So our only evenly matched game?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
                  Monzy so far in the doghouse that he barely plays
                  He misses one box out and his minutes shrink by 90%. Others jack up horrible shots and make dumbass turnovers and their minutes stay the same.

Just dumb.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If my math is right, 34 days until baseball.

Comment

• Thank God the Locker Room show is no longer a thing.

Comment

• I was very much on board giving Isaac Brown time and respecting what he did last season.

I am now off that train. Isaac Brown should not be our coach next year. If we had a candidate in the running, he could be fired today. Our players put in too much effort to be where they are at today. They have been abandoned by an ineffectual and frankly embarrassing job at the top. Every loss has been caused by long stretches where we simply didn't play basketball. I'd feel better if we were the worst in the conference due to a lack of effort or talent, and that is saying something.

We stopped having chances to win that game after the last media timeout, and the sole fault lies with Brown. We didn't play basketball for the last 4 minutes and made no effort from the top to fix that. And this seems to be something that happens every game. I don't think Brown understands even the basics of running an offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Tyson, Mo and Ricky took 44 of the Shocks 59 shots. They made 14 for a comined 31.8%. The rest of the team was 8-15 (53.3%).

The Shocks were good from the line hitting 10 of 12.

Mike and Dave give the Player of the Game to Tyson.
                          31.8% .........so bad

Comment

• #!*!ing #!$#
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• ETN is not even half the player he was. That dumbfounds me. Until he is right like he was his 1st 2 years, the rest means squat. We aren't gonna win unless our POY is making plays.

I hate to say that our success rests on 1 player, but for us, it's like the Bulls not having Jordan. That's how big of an impact he made for the Shox. When he was nails, everybody else played their role.

I cannot believe how off from last year he is.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                #!*!ing #!$#
                                You can say that again!

Comment

Working...
                                X