Cincinnati at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 1-16-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

That team pulled together because they had the unifying issue of all of them hating Marshall, so they played for their teammates. They don't have that this year. This year, if there's anyone they hate, it's likely to be one of their teammates. There are a couple on the roster who it's hard to describe as "team" players.
    No.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

That team pulled together because they had the unifying issue of all of them hating Marshall, so they played for their teammates. They don't have that this year. This year, if there's anyone they hate, it's likely to be one of their teammates. There are a couple on the roster who it's hard to describe as "team" players.
      They ALL hated him? I find that hard to believe but maybe you have some inside info. If they all hated him, why didn’t every single player put their name in the portal? We had a lot of deflections but it was far from the whole team. Marshall is far from a Saint but let’s not make up revisionist history.

Back to the game though. I think we lose by around 10. Keep things interesting until about 10 minutes left in the game and then we have a few bone-headed turnovers and that’s the game.

Comment

We made the front page on ESPN home page. Oh boy!

An article about Arizona.

Comment

Mo and Dex at Dave and Busters last night? Screw it, why not right? They ain’t playing

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

They ALL hated him? I find that hard to believe but maybe you have some inside info. If they all hated him, why didn’t every single player put their name in the portal? We had a lot of deflections but it was far from the whole team. Marshall is far from a Saint but let’s not make up revisionist history.

Back to the game though. I think we lose by around 10. Keep things interesting until about 10 minutes left in the game and then we have a few bone-headed turnovers and that’s the game.
            That’s just Wutheone projecting. He hated Marshall so that means everyone hates Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

That’s just Wutheone projecting. He hated Marshall so that means everyone hates Marshall.
              A good number of that team did hate him, but it wasn’t the whole team. That’s what happens when you recruit guys that are talented and never had a pb&j.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We get the win if all of our guys are available. We would have beat Tulane with either DD or Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                  We get the win if all of our guys are available. We would have beat Tulane with either DD or Mo.
                  I'm not sure either of those statements are true
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure either of those statements are true
                    We would have definitely beat Tulane with both playing because Tulane would not have been able to score at will the entire 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                      Mo and Dex at Dave and Busters last night? Screw it, why not right? They ain’t playing
                      IF this is true, they didn't maintain proper Covid protocol either. Hmmmmm.

Comment

Would Dexter have been as productive as Council? I like Dex but I’m not sure he’s a net positive this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Would Dexter have been as productive as Council? I like Dex but I’m not sure he’s a net positive this year.
                          The only way you can remotely think that is if you think only offense counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            In last years two victories over Tulane, Forbes was 1-22 from the field. Hmm, I wonder who was guarding him? Think that might have made a difference the other night???

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The only way you can remotely think that is if you think only offense counts.
                              Not if his bad offense negates his good defense.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Not if his bad offense negates his good defense.
                                RC4’s bad defense, and standing around watching others rebound isn’t all of his bad game. Sometimes RC4’s bad offense negates his good offense. His turnovers, his blown plays, and his hero ball negates his athleticism and offensive highlights.

Comment

Working...
                                X