Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cincinnati at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 1-16-22

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

    That team pulled together because they had the unifying issue of all of them hating Marshall, so they played for their teammates. They don't have that this year. This year, if there's anyone they hate, it's likely to be one of their teammates. There are a couple on the roster who it's hard to describe as "team" players.
    No.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.
    ________________
    "Enjoy the ride."

    - a smart man

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

      That team pulled together because they had the unifying issue of all of them hating Marshall, so they played for their teammates. They don't have that this year. This year, if there's anyone they hate, it's likely to be one of their teammates. There are a couple on the roster who it's hard to describe as "team" players.
      They ALL hated him? I find that hard to believe but maybe you have some inside info. If they all hated him, why didn’t every single player put their name in the portal? We had a lot of deflections but it was far from the whole team. Marshall is far from a Saint but let’s not make up revisionist history.

      Back to the game though. I think we lose by around 10. Keep things interesting until about 10 minutes left in the game and then we have a few bone-headed turnovers and that’s the game.

      Comment


      • #33
        We made the front page on ESPN home page. Oh boy!

        An article about Arizona.

        Comment


        • #34
          Mo and Dex at Dave and Busters last night? Screw it, why not right? They ain’t playing

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

            They ALL hated him? I find that hard to believe but maybe you have some inside info. If they all hated him, why didn’t every single player put their name in the portal? We had a lot of deflections but it was far from the whole team. Marshall is far from a Saint but let’s not make up revisionist history.

            Back to the game though. I think we lose by around 10. Keep things interesting until about 10 minutes left in the game and then we have a few bone-headed turnovers and that’s the game.
            That’s just Wutheone projecting. He hated Marshall so that means everyone hates Marshall.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

              That’s just Wutheone projecting. He hated Marshall so that means everyone hates Marshall.
              A good number of that team did hate him, but it wasn’t the whole team. That’s what happens when you recruit guys that are talented and never had a pb&j.
              When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
              Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

              Comment


              • #37
                We get the win if all of our guys are available. We would have beat Tulane with either DD or Mo.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                  We get the win if all of our guys are available. We would have beat Tulane with either DD or Mo.
                  I'm not sure either of those statements are true
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

                    I'm not sure either of those statements are true
                    We would have definitely beat Tulane with both playing because Tulane would not have been able to score at will the entire 2nd half.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                      Mo and Dex at Dave and Busters last night? Screw it, why not right? They ain’t playing
                      IF this is true, they didn't maintain proper Covid protocol either. Hmmmmm.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Would Dexter have been as productive as Council? I like Dex but I’m not sure he’s a net positive this year.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Would Dexter have been as productive as Council? I like Dex but I’m not sure he’s a net positive this year.
                          The only way you can remotely think that is if you think only offense counts.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Would Dexter have been as productive as Council? I like Dex but I’m not sure he’s a net positive this year.
                            In last years two victories over Tulane, Forbes was 1-22 from the field. Hmm, I wonder who was guarding him? Think that might have made a difference the other night???

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

                              The only way you can remotely think that is if you think only offense counts.
                              Not if his bad offense negates his good defense.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.
                              ________________
                              "Enjoy the ride."

                              - a smart man

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

                                Not if his bad offense negates his good defense.
                                RC4’s bad defense, and standing around watching others rebound isn’t all of his bad game. Sometimes RC4’s bad offense negates his good offense. His turnovers, his blown plays, and his hero ball negates his athleticism and offensive highlights.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X