Tulane at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulane at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 1-12-22

TULANE (6-7, 3-1 AAC) vs WICHITA STATE (9-5, 0-2 AAC)
    WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2022 | 7:00 PM CT
    WICHITA, KANSAS| CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    TV: ESPN+
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: WSU leads 6-0 (4-0 in Wichita)
    LAST MEETING: March 03, 2021 in New Orleans (WSU, 78-70)

This appears to be a "must win" kind of game. We really do need to get a W. It will be interesting to see how many butts are in the seats.

Comment

This one is hard. Part of me says we should win this; then the other part of me reminds myself that this team has played like dawgshit pretty much all season.

I like Hunter and think he's a fairly good coach. Tulane isn't the easiest of places to recruit to, but they've shown some improvement and from what I can recall, they play hard under him and they're going to give max effort.

I'm going to try and be positive and say we win this one.

The Fighting Hunter's - 62
      The Lackluster Brown's - 65

Win or lose, I just want to see changes made. Be it the starters, the rotation, the offensive game plan (assuming we have one). Less dribbling. More passing. Better shots. Attack the ****ing basket more. Those things will make me at least a little happy.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

For the love of Pete can Monzi get some more playing time over the other guy?

Comment

How did I not know that Coach McCallum was Hunter's top assistant? He had a few nice teams in his time at Detroit. Not a bad 2nd chair.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well if there’s every a chance we lose for the first time ever to Tulane, this is it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not feeling good about this one. Until HCIB decides he actually wants to make some adjustments (bother personnel and in game) the Shox will continue the slide.

Comment

bigger than us (go figger)

Comment

They have wins over Memphis and Cincy......don't see us winning this one either, sadly...

Comment

Tulane definitely trending up...good 'ole boys not so much. But this is an opponent I'm hoping to get one of our 4 conference wins this year. Might as well so...
                    Green Wave - 67
                    Good 'ole Boys - 68
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      For the love of Pete can Monzi get some more playing time over the other guy?
                      What are the PF's +/- for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Not really. The 5 guys that play 75% of their minutes and provide 80% of the scxoring are as follows:

Jalen Cook 6-0 G Covid Freshman - Played at LSU last year. Averaging 19.4 PPG.
                        Jaylen Forbes 6-5 G Covid Sophomore - Played for Alabama 2 years ago. Averaging 15.1 PPG and 4.5 RPG
                        Kevin Cross 6-8, 240 F Covid Sophomore - Played for Nebraska 2 years ago. Averaging 14.3 PPG and 6.2 RPG
                        Sion James 6-5 G Covid Freshman - Averaging 7.2 PPG and 4.2 RPG
                        RJ McGee 6-5 G Covid Sophomore - Averaging 6.3 PPG and 3.2 RPG

The primary reserves are as follows: Scott Spencer Devon Baker Nobal Days, Jadan Coleman 6-4 G Covid Freshman, Tylan Pope
                        Scott Spencer 6-6 G Senior 2.8 PPG in 13.4 MPG - Played 2 years at Clemson and 2 years at LaSalle - Reportedly at Rival Top 150 out of HS
                        Devon Baker 6-2 G Covid Junior - 3.5 PPG in 13.2 MPG - Played the previous 3 years at UNC-Asheville
                        Nobal Days 6-9, 220 F Covid Sophomore - 0.9 PPG and 2.5 PPG in 11.5 MPG
                        Jadan Coleman 6-4 G Covid Freshman - 4.4 PPG in 10.6 MPG
                        Tylan Pope 6-6 F Covid RS Freshman - 2.6 PPG and 3.1 RPG - 9.7 MPG

I am really not seeing the size advantage. Perhaps Tulane having a bunch of 6-5 guards that can hound Tyson Etienne. Other than that not seeing it. Might be one game where the Shocks can actually match up size-wise at the 4 and 5.

Comment

I used to think we would win every game...even though I knew there would be losses. There just wasn't many games that I thought we would lose going in.

Now I go in thinking we lose just about every game. Even though I know that likely wont be the case either. Even with a decent record right now, I just never feel confident anymore.

I hate that feeling. Forgot what it felt like.

Right now, I think it's a better than 50% chance we lose to Tulane.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We got a nice guy, players coach now just like everyone wanted. It’s all good.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'd say this is a must win or else the first chance of implosion.

Comment

Working...
                              X