Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha. Thanks! True

Comment

• Anybody ever remember this board being this unenthusiastic?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

No, just no. Porter isn't a PG who can break down a defense. He's a good basketball player, but he's not effective at running point. Pleasant isn't an MVC-level player. Grant has "potential". Udeze is an incredibly weak passer. Etienne probably has some talent, but he's doing his best to hide it by consistently playing hero ball. Last year he was making some of the impossible shots he's missing this year. Defenses don't guard Dennis on the 3-point line. Council is still trying to play like he's the best guy on the court in a HS game.

Ragland, Hannah, Armstead, and VanVleet could all run the high post pick-n-roll and get to the hoop, pass to an undefended post by the basket,or kick to a 3 shooter on the perimeter. Porter runs the high post ball screen and ends up 3' away from the screener and dribbling out to the 3-point line to throw a pass to a wing who has come out to 35' away from the basket to take the outlet pass.

Then there's the "no motion" offense where 1 guy dribbles back and forth while 4 guys watch him, trying to figure out what he's running.
        You’re wrong about Porter. True PG.

Comment

• Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Infant Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We just thank you for all the games we’ve won the past 10 years, please don’t let us get embarrassed today on CBS.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Anybody ever remember this board being this unenthusiastic?
            Pretty sure I was still in HS when I signed up for this board, maybe just after. Actually found out about it on Jayhawkslant where my brother posted and I kept tabs and tried to find any WSU news I could. With that said, no. If I signed up in 99 or 01 or whatever, I've never seen it like this. And I took a few years off from this board due to the previous administration, but I doubt it was anywhere close then.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm either still drunk from last night, or completely out of it... but I just put a fairly large wager on Wichita today. 12.5 just seems insanely high. I'll be back in 3 hours to have it pointed out I'm a moron

Comment

• Over/under on how long this game is watchable? Oh, still 45 minutes to adjust attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                  I'm either still drunk from last night, or completely out of it... but I just put a fairly large wager on Wichita today. 12.5 just seems insanely high. I'll be back in 3 hours to have it pointed out I'm a moron
                  Bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it works out for you
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm either still drunk from last night, or completely out of it... but I just put a fairly large wager on Wichita today. 12.5 just seems insanely high. I'll be back in 3 hours to have it pointed out I'm a moron
                    I thought it was low.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Anybody ever remember this board being this unenthusiastic?
                      Hey! We are enthusiastic about our fatalism!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Is that at the first media timeout?
                        The Assman

Comment

Oh, let's not let a little time effect our willingness to point out you are a moron!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Is that at the first media timeout?
                            Not even going to take until then... Ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Sucks for you guys. Sounds like my sister tested positive so the kids won't be playing. You're stuck with me
                              I won’t be watching live. It hasn’t come above -35 for a week so I have to make the 45 minute trek north for diesel. I’m specifically timing it for the game.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Well, at least somebody won today..
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X