No announcement yet.

Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read somewhere on this board that DB's contract expires in June. That's awfully early in Muma's tenure to make a move that significant,

June is not bad timing. Since it's hard to change coaches for a few years, give DB a one-year contract in June. Then in June, 2023 replace him. That would give the new AD nearly a year to do a coaching search and get far enough into IB's contract that the buyout would be lower.

In the meantime, fill roster spots from the portal. The 2* guys in the Recruiting forum aren't going to cut it in this league. So far the guys recruited from the portal (Pleasant and Grant) aren't creating confidence in this staff's ability to get good players out of the portal.

Wasn't it South Alabama who nearly beat us with mostly players out of the portal? That was early in the season before the apparent implosion happened. I don't know where Tulane got their transfers, but they went from bad to good in one season of recruiting a lot of transfers

That scenario puts a new coach at WSU for the '24-'25 season. Timing seems reasonable. I have little confidence in this staff's ability to get the right guys out of the portal to keep the Shox in the top half the league. Gonna be a rebuild for the next coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      I've read somewhere on this board that DB's contract expires in June. That's awfully early in Muma's tenure to make a move that significant,

June is not bad timing. Since it's hard to change coaches for a few years, give DB a one-year contract in June. Then in June, 2023 replace him. That would give the new AD nearly a year to do a coaching search and get far enough into IB's contract that the buyout would be lower.

In the meantime, fill roster spots from the portal. The 2* guys in the Recruiting forum aren't going to cut it in this league. So far the guys recruited from the portal (Pleasant and Grant) aren't creating confidence in this staff's ability to get good players out of the portal.

Wasn't it South Alabama who nearly beat us with mostly players out of the portal? That was early in the season before the apparent implosion happened. I don't know where Tulane got their transfers, but they went from bad to good in one season of recruiting a lot of transfers

That scenario puts a new coach at WSU for the '24-'25 season. Timing seems reasonable. I have little confidence in this staff's ability to get the right guys out of the portal to keep the Shox in the top half the league. Gonna be a rebuild for the next coach.
      If his contract expires in June, let it ****ing expire and get someone new in that can have more time to learn what the department needs. Make all the contacts they need with the big money people. Work with them and others to move things forward. It makes zero sense to let DB hang around any longer than absolutely necessary. If this is the last year of his contract I can understand not firing him, kinda. But letting him hang around would accomplish absolutely nothing. Especially if you're knowingly only going to part ways a year later. That's just holding the department hostage for another year. Nothing good comes from that. Nothing.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

If his contract expires in June, let it ****ing expire and get someone new in that can have more time to learn what the department needs. Make all the contacts they need with the big money people. Work with them and others to move things forward. It makes zero sense to let DB hang around any longer than absolutely necessary. If this is the last year of his contract I can understand not firing him, kinda. But letting him hang around would accomplish absolutely nothing. Especially if you're knowingly only going to part ways a year later. That's just holding the department hostage for another year. Nothing good comes from that. Nothing.
        I think Muma is too new to his position to do anything that significant this year.

Comment

• And also consider how negative recruiting will impact the program for years. You know coaches involved in recruiting battles with WSU are blowing this up to gain an advantage.

Comment

I think Muma is too new to his position to do anything that significant this year.
            He's also too new to let this **** continue for another year and just bury his head in the sand. And if DB new he was only getting a year and that was it because the president is spineless, why sign that contract? I'm sure he can go find another job back home in Alabama or wherever and get more than a one year dead man walking contract.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He's also too new to let this **** continue for another year and just bury his head in the sand. And if DB new he was only getting a year and that was it because the president is spineless, why sign that contract? I'm sure he can go find another job back home in Alabama or wherever and get more than a one year dead man walking contract.
              Greenbow...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I've read somewhere on this board that DB's contract expires in June. That's awfully early in Muma's tenure to make a move that significant,

I don't get the whole fixation with the 2* thing. You cannot go by Verbal Commits. They rate virtually everyone 2*. Look at 247 Sports or Rivals. A lot of 3* and 4* kids being recruited by the Shox. Granted, Shox have struck out on virtually all of those, but they are being targeted.

Comment

• What I found agrees with what others have said. Unless I missed something, his contract expires in June. Here is a link to an article about it:

Wichita State has extended Athletic Director Darron Boatright’s contract for another three years. Boatright will continue to receive his $200,000 salary through June 30, 2022. His appointment is considered a state employee paid through WSU-ICAA funds. He will continue to oversee the university’s intercollegiate athletics program, its budget, personnel, and compliance. Boatright’s contract includes incentives...

Comment

• LET BOATRIGHT GO!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't get the whole fixation with the 2* thing. You cannot go by Verbal Commits. They rate virtually everyone 2*. Look at 247 Sports or Rivals. A lot of 3* and 4* kids being recruited by the Shox. Granted, Shox have struck out on virtually all of those, but they are being targeted.
                      Sure you can - verbal commits is not a rating site, but a "summary" site. Verbal commits just echo's scout/rivals/ESPN rankings and give a default 2 star when none of those services rank a player.

It is only WSU recruiting 2-star. If you go to other conference teams (e.g. Memphis or Houston) will have plenty of 4 and 5 star recruits on their radar.

Comment

• Seems like Kenny Pohto was a 3 or 4 star until he chose WSU....then he became a 2 star.....see how that works??!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Sure you can - verbal commits is not a rating site, but a "summary" site. Verbal commits just echo's scout/rivals/ESPN rankings and give a default 2 star when none of those services rank a player.

It is only WSU recruiting 2-star. If you go to other conference teams (e.g. Memphis or Houston) will have plenty of 4 and 5 star recruits on their radar.
                          WSU targets for 2022 and 2023 according to Rivals:

2022 rivals.JPG

WSU targets for 2022 and 2023 according to 247 Sports:

247 2022.JPG247 2023.JPG

Comment

• 2023 Rivals Targets:

2023 rivals.JPG

Comment

• I don't have confidence in HCIB and the direction of the team but to say they aren't targeting top recruits is not accurate. Now you can argue that they are failing in that approach, because they are not landing those guys, and that would be accurate.

I place no reliance in Verbal Commits when it comes to their recruit rankings. They put next to no effort in to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                I don't have confidence in HCIB and the direction of the team but to say they aren't targeting top recruits is not accurate. Now you can argue that they are failing in that approach, because they are not landing those guys, and that would be accurate.

I place no reliance in Verbal Commits when it comes to their recruit rankings. They put next to no effort in to this.
                                Where do you find that on Rivals? I not a subscriber, but when I look for teams WSU isn't even listed as one of the teams in the AAC

Comment

Working...
                                X