• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Richard Fitzwell would like a word.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Richard Fitzwell would like a word.
        Are these related it Betty “Ice” Wollow?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Coach Howie Feltersnatch was a legend in the gym...

Comment

• What about Coach Laswell and Grozek at Coleman Jr. High?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              What about Coach Laswell and Grozek at Coleman Jr. High?
              I spent way too long repeating those
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Coach Gordon Long at Brooks was outstanding!! Great coach, mentor, and PE teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If you can’t say “L”, A$$well works.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Repeating? As is Laswell and Grozek, Grozek and Laswell?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Repeating? As is Laswell and Grozek, Grozek and Laswell?
                      Trying to find the hidden meaning

Comment

• Where I grew up there were 4 rural schools within 5 miles of my house. All were active until the late '50's. Mine and one other were active into the '60's. There was one 1-8 grade school further away that had a cafeteria and indoor basketball court that was active into the '70's.

All the kids I grew up with got spanked, and none of them turned out to be violent or wife beaters. If a coach had knocked one of us on the back of the head, our parents would have wanted to know what we did and may have given us more than a knock on the back of the head. We were taught to respect our elders and authority. If we didn't, there were consequences. In a small town it's pretty easy to know if a coach is being abusive or delivering discipline for unacceptable behavior.

That's totally removed from the environment we're in today. Parents aren't allowed to touch their kids to discipline them. If a coach is even accused of that, then that coach has crossed a line that parents aren't allowed to cross.

We did have a swat line in HS PE for people who screwed up. NOBODY complained to their parents about going through that because it would have been more of the same when they got home.

Comment

• Have to get this off my chest. For those of you posters that have played a lot of ball
                          yourselves from serious pick up to D1 I'd ask this. Would you rather play with a guy
                          like TE or play against him? Personally, I would not like playing with him. What is the
                          point of getting yourself open for a good shot if your teammate doesn't see you or trust
                          you enough to get you the ball - plays more to score himself than getting the best shot for
                          the team. What's worse is that your HC is fine with not just him not seeing the court and
                          making good passes for better team shots but most of the team. This is why our assist
                          totals are low and offense so bad at times. Might not be so bad if TE was shooting 45%
                          and close to 40 from deep but he isn't even close. Our offense will not improve until TE
                          limits his shots to quality ones and he starts passing more with a purpose. He does not
                          see the court or move the ball. The entire team needs to move the ball and move
                          without the ball but all our guys need to see one another when they get open and get them
                          the ball quickly before defenders recover. We are just too late seeing good scoring
                          opportunities and then some are too hesitant when they do an opportunity. As a player,
                          the two best guys I'd like playing with are CP and KP. After that I'll take DD on my team
                          because of defense. This team needs to learn how to play together, see the court and make
                          good timely passes. Things are not going to get better on offense until assists exceed
                          turnovers by at least 3-4 per game.
                          Last edited by asiseeit; January 9, 2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• For the year:

JP -43
                            Monzy +76

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                              For the year:

JP -43
                              Monzy +76
                              Wow. That is just crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                Have to get this off my chest. For those of you posters that have played a lot of ball
                                yourselves from serious pick up to D1 I'd ask this. Would you rather play with a guy
                                like TE or play against him? Personally, I would not like playing with him. What is the
                                point of getting yourself open for a good shot if your teammate doesn't see you or trust
                                you enough to get you the ball - plays more to score himself than getting the best shot for
                                the team. What's worse is that your HC is fine with not just him not seeing the court and
                                making good passes for better team shots but most of the team. This is why our assist
                                totals are low and offense so bad at times. Might not be so bad if TE was shooting 45%
                                and close to 40 from deep but he isn't even close. Our offense will not improve until TE
                                limits his shots to quality ones and he starts passing more with a purpose. He does not
                                see the court or move the ball. The entire team needs to move the ball and move
                                without the ball but all our guys need to see one another when they get open and get them
                                the ball quickly before defenders recover. We are just too late seeing good scoring
                                opportunities and then some are too hesitant when they do an opportunity. As a player,
                                the two best guys I'd like playing with are CP and KP. After that I'll take DD on my team
                                because of defense. This team needs to learn how to play together, see the court and make
                                good timely passes. Things are not going to get better on offense until assists exceed
                                turnovers by at least 3-4 per game.
                                Against him

Comment

Working...
                                X