Pretty Boy Not Officiating Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Boy Not Officiating Today

Pretty Boy John Higgans and his crew is not officiating today's MVC Championship Game. Was the officiating crew for the championship game determined in advance or did Higgans and his crew get bounced from the championship game because of their terrible officiating yesterday?
    It is a great day to be a SHOCKER!!!!

Illinois State sure isn't getting the same calls they were yesterday. Totally different game. And yet they lead at the half.

God, I would love to send all of those sCUm fans home crying. Again, sCUm is not a very good team.

Comment

Kelly Self is officiating this game and he officiated our game yesterday.

Higgins is probably headed to KC.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

And say what you want higgins is a good referee.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Didn't even want to watch this today, but saw the last few minutes of the first half. Looks like IllSt could pull this out. Despited yesterday's game, I would like the Redbirds to win. Would be sweet if they did it 65-54 in the last five seconds again. CU needs to be on the short end of one of those games.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Not just good, one of the best in the country.

Comment

Outside of the out-of-bounds call and the body contact by Carmichael, Higgins was fine. It seemed like the other two were watching a different game.

So far IlSU is being allowed to play chippy again today.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                I agree Higgans is a good ref, but yesterday he let the game get out of hand and WSU suffered from several no or wrong calls.

Let's start with the double technical. The possession before, Stutz is just getting malled by #13 and no foul is called. The next possession, the pushing starts again. Stutz fouled #13 on the rebound. #13 says something and Stutz responds with "hey" and Stutz gets called for a technical. How is that the right decision? Normally Higgins keeps a game under control, but not today. He was not even close to his best.

Other examples:

6:02 left, Ragland driving to the basket and gets obviously held by #32 and Higgins does not call anything.

5:56 left, Moore goes back down the court and throws the ball out of bounds. Ref said Williams touched it. You can clearly see he did not even have his hands up before the ball went went by him. Ref indicated it was off his hand.

3:33 left, Raglund cut for the basket with a bounce pass from Murray and #2 holds Joe and the pass goes out of bounds. Higgins doesn't call the foul.

:34.8 left when Murry poked the ball out and was off the knee of Brown and Higgins didn't see it hit Brown's knee.

:06.4 left when Williams is called for a foul on Brown when he maintained vertical position on the drive. Ths call was not made on both ends of the court. During the game, many fouls were not called on Illinois St. when the Shockers drove to the basket.

This officiating crew (including Higgins) made numerous bad calls or no calls. The game was not officiated the same on both ends of the floor.
                It is a great day to be a SHOCKER!!!!

Comment

This thread needs to end. I was as upset as anybody about the poor officiating, but it is over and we must move on. Starting to sound whiney.

Comment

Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                    This thread needs to end. I was as upset as anybody about the poor officiating, but it is over and we must move on. Starting to sound whiney.
                    Nothing to be said that hasn't already been said.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Didn't even want to watch this today, but saw the last few minutes of the first half. Looks like IllSt could pull this out. Despited yesterday's game, I would like the Redbirds to win. Would be sweet if they did it 65-54 in the last five seconds again. CU needs to be on the short end of one of those games.
                      After looking at some of the posts on the Redbird board during the game, I would have trouble supporting them in the future.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Nothing to be said that hasn't already been said.
                        How about this one, pause your dvr at 8:52 mark of the 2nd half. What's the shot clock say, what is Marshall signaling and where is the ball?

It is what it is, but the list of no calls going one way is long. Saying that, WSU had plenty of other chances to score just one more time in the last 5 plus minutes and couldn't get it done. Two good plays and shots set up at the end that didn't fall. The bottom line is in retrospect, still had a chance and didn't happen.

Wuhog, what's that? Sounds like a squealing, dirty, animal. You should like whining.

Or go away if you don't like the thread.

Comment

Venting is good. And if you can't vent on a fan message board than where else. It is certainly better than kicking the cat or breaking your TV.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            Venting is good. And if you can't vent on a fan message board than where else. It is certainly better than kicking the cat or breaking your TV.
                            Check with KC about the TV, '89 -- it sounds like he may have done both.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                              After looking at some of the posts on the Redbird board during the game, I would have trouble supporting them in the future.
                              Well, now they're miserable and if lucky, headed towards the NIT. I hope they enjoy watching us on tv the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X