Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    If your 7' Center is on the bench with 3 actual fouls, while thier Center is on the court with 11 total committed fouls, it can be tough to score in the final minutes.

If you are getting hammered the ENTIRE game every time you take the ball to the hoop, yet only 1 of the 3 officials is calling anything on the opposing team, it is difficult to score the ENTIRE game.

Don't look at it as the last 6 1/2 mins. It is a 40 min game. Any one of the 6 times in the first half Toure got hammered, would have led to 2 FT's. Any time in the second half that Stutz is posting up on Carmichael with the 4 fouls leads to easy points for Stutz as Carmichael doesn't want to pick up his 5th.

Don't get it, watch Joe on 2 steals and drives where he doesn't contest the shot because he doesn't want to pick up his 3rd/4th foul.

Again, if you haven't been on the court with a whisle in your mouth, and still are dumb enough to believe that ref's can't change the way a game is played, then you should be a Creighton fan.
    I understand your though process, but Toure and Garrett has two wide open looks at the end and didn't get it done. I knew at some point, our hot shooting would cease up and we would return to our normal averages or encounter a below average game. I'm thankful that our hot shooting got us to where we are at this point, but am tremendously annoyed that we lay an egg and the most inopportune time. I will try and take the high road and pray that we find that hot shooting streak again here in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
      Jankovich saying Wilkins got the 2nd tech because he was speaking French...Said "He was speaking the wrong language."

Whaaa?
      I was only partly paying attention but I thought that he said that he should say things in French instead so he doesn't get T'd up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        Another reason HCGM will want to bolt this conference.
        Could actually be a factor, althouhg I doubt the determining factor.

Comment

• The team got sloppy today and lost their composure. It will be interesting to see how this team responds especially after they get screwed by the NCAA selection commitee a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
            I was only partly paying attention but I thought that he said that he should say things in French instead so he doesn't get T'd up.
            Yeah, you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              You can't possibly tell me that we were mugged on each of the 41 shots that we missed.
              Ok, XManCometh, you go back and watch, and tell we how many times we settled for jumpshots those last 6:30 of the game. Tell me how many attempted layups there were, outside of Toure's 1 attempt that was blocked by Carmichael (cleanly). Count them up. That will tell you why we lost the game. We weren't allowed to play the game. We were forced to settle for shots that were not falling. We were forced because there was no mercy in the lane. I'll send you pics of Toure's bruises on his arm, legs, and midsection from getting abused. After 33:50 of it, you learn that they aren't gonna call the game fair, and start settling for jump shots.

Take nothing away from ISUr, they made 1 more shot than they needed to. But this game, like yesterdays game was set to be given to ISUb, came down to the refs trying to take away WSU's game. ISUb couldn't make the shots needed to win with help. ISUr did.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Another reason HCGM will want to bolt this conference.
                Why don't you bolt right now?

Comment

• Never have I seen Mr. Stutz so mad. Was that his only technical foul as a Shock? Toure' literally was mugged while driving the 1st half and they called him for traveling. Toure' and Stutz last shots were both just a tad short.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Certainly losing is BADDD. Time to regroup and look at the loss in a positive way:
                    1. It knocked us down to a #6 seed, which some said is better than a #4 or #5
                    2. One more extra day to rest (and avoid injury that may happen tomorrow)
                    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• The Screw in the Lou Part Deux

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
                        Did we have an off game and shoot poorly? Yes.

Should we have had more than 1 point in the last 7 minutes of the game? Yes.

Should we have done better to keep their shooters from getting hot earlier? Yes.

Should we have done more to neutralize Jackie Carmichael? Yes.

These are things that the team could have done better. I think we can agree on that.

But it's also fair to point out that some of the calls (and non-calls) were also a factor. The game was very physical, which wore on our guys a little more. The Redbirds were looking for something to knock us off our game. Dirty tactics were the weapon of choice, and the refs were apparently more than willing to allow them to play that way.

My two cents. Take it or leave it.
                        I'll take a little of it. Many of us have all agreed that we believe our Shox are one of the better conditioned teams in the MVC. If this is true, then we should have sustained the brunt of their tactics with relative ease and comfort. Watching BCS games, the refs that officiate their games seem to let players 'play' more - meaning the game is more physical. If the Shox can get knocked off track by what ISU red did, then what are you going to expect when we meet a BCS team with BCS officials officiating the game?

I will try and take the high road again and hope this is a learning experience for the Shox and next time they encounter this much physical play, they will adapt quickly. I tip my hat to ISU. They played us twice and lost, they adapted and instituted a different strategy today that threw us off our game. Kudos to them. The Shox need to learn.

I need to go to Best Buy and buy a new tv and a sledgehammer.

Comment

• Did Hall do anything that entire game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                            I'm pretty sure Jank was hyperbolating.
                            Either that or the ref knows French, too.

Comment

• Physical game, I want White in there. He doesn't take that nonsense.. he gives it right back, smartly.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                I'll take a little of it. Many of us have all agreed that we believe our Shox are one of the better conditioned teams in the MVC. If this is true, then we should have sustained the brunt of their tactics with relative ease and comfort. Watching BCS games, the refs that officiate their games seem to let players 'play' more - meaning the game is more physical. If the Shox can get knocked off track by what ISU red did, then what are you going to expect when we meet a BCS team with BCS officials officiating the game?

I will try and take the high road again and hope this is a learning experience for the Shox and next time they encounter this much physical play, they will adapt quickly. I tip my hat to ISU. They played us twice and lost, they adapted and instituted a different strategy today that threw us off our game. Kudos to them. The Shox need to learn.

I need to go to Best Buy and buy a new tv and a sledgehammer.
                                Yes, but they call it consistently both ways. This was very one sided in the paint. That's the difference. The Shox have no problem playing physical if that's how it's going to be called. But it wasn't called that way. Multiple soft or imaginary fouls against us and then ISU gets away with mugging after mugging. Big difference

I'm actually a little embarrassed to be an official...
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X