No announcement yet.

Shockers-Redbirds Gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No FGs for 6:39 to close out the game.

One of the worst offensive ends to a game I've ever seen.

You can't beat anyone when you don't score a basket for almost the entire last seven minutes of a game.

Any one single basket in that seven minutes would have won the game.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I think Illinois State has a good chance of winning the tournament.

Comment

• Man the Shocks are just snake-bitten in St. Louis. Why can't they win there? They always have the most fans there in support, what is it about St. Louis that causes this every year?

Comment

• We need to leave this stupid conference. Today!
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
            This takes them out of a top 4 seed for sure. Will they get a 5 seed or 6 seed now ? 6 seed might actually be better as you avoid the 1 seed longer.
            Blessing in disguise.... We get a wakeup call, get to start a new win streak and yes, the 6 seed is better for the reason you just described...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I hope Doug Elgin and this officiating crew get to circle jerk in the box tomorrow and watch Illinois State VS Evansville for the title game tomorrow.

Comment

• I was really looking forward to watching Wichita State vs Creighton tomorrow too ...bah
                2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                  This is depressing I don't know how they can lose this game
                  While losing is bad, it's not that depressing. Remember we will dance
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Stutz didn't have a very good game.
                    Neither did the bozos working with Higgins. Allowing Carmichael to get away with so much changed the game. So did allowing Wilkens to beat the **** out if Stutz. That double technical was 100% on the officiating crew. That eliminated Stutz. Multiple BS calls on Hall and things changed.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Okay time to go on another run. Refs didn't help but they didn't lose it for us either. Time to start another run. Another reason we should never depend on the results of this tourney to make our way to the NCAA. Pretty depressed about this but big picture we need to learn from this.

Comment

• ISU shot 20-22 FTs. That'll win you a game.

Comment

• Wichita State is going to make sweet 16 calling my shot!

Also if they are not in Kentucky's bracket they have a great shot to make the final 4.
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Ok MVC are you happy?

Illinois State better get these same calls tomorrow.
                            This. That officiating was HORRIBLE.
                            -Aaron Bushell
                            aaronbushell.com

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                              We have 14 turnovers and are shooting 36%. More than just the refs are to blame if we don't pull this out.
                              Further proof that no matter how good you are or how well you've been playing, if on a given day you can't throw it in the ocean, you don't look so great. Too bad Murry didn't pitch it to Ragland for the last shot he took, since at least Joe had his eye today -- or, come to think of it, to Mike Jones to finish the 66-65 win. Still, if you're going to have a couple of weeks for some sort of momentum to dissipate, this sort of shooting is the kind you want to fade away.

Strange, too, that WSU can't seem to hold what should be solid leads against this team.

Oh, well -- now the Shocks have get to at least the round of 8 to pick up 30 wins this year. Let's count on Jason King to be right.
                              Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 3, 2012, 04:08 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock&awe View Post
                                I hope Doug Elgin and this officiating crew get to circle jerk in the box tomorrow and watch Illinois State VS Evansville for the title game tomorrow.
                                IMO, CU may win. They have something to play for.
                                We tried to win. But I don't think we wanted it as much as CU does
                                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                                X