Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What were your stats? Don’t be modest.
    Let's just say that I make the project look like a HOF candidate!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

My "five minutes of fame" are that I played HS ball against 4 future NBA players, but it should've been 5 since RR wasn't included.

Where did you play?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He couldn’t make that transition mentally. He was the best HS player I ever saw.
        Me too! My nickname for RR was milk chocolate because he was so smooth! I realize that isn’t politically correct but I’m old.

Comment

Ask anybody that watched Ricky out score Southeast one night 46-45. That was sight to see.
          Those South teams were really good. RR had some great teammates. I remember a forward named Eddie Johnson or Jackson. Hell of a player. Pretty sure he played D1. A lot of great players from the city league in those days. Seems like all the teams had stars at one time or another.

Comment

Where did you play?
            Ark City. Met several City League teams in tourneys, preseason, etc. I remember guarding Darnell Valentine and noting ONE of his thighs was as big as BOTH of mine! But, to my credit, I held him in the first half (he only played half due to the score) to, I think, 3000 points. Hence my decision to forgo the NBA for a career in medicine was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Those South teams were really good. RR had some great teammates. I remember a forward named Eddie Johnson or Jackson. Hell of a player. Pretty sure he played D1. A lot of great players from the city league in those days. Seems like all the teams had stars at one time or another.
              Eddie Smith. He played about 2 years after Ricky. Don’t think they okayed tofu. About 6-6, ended up playing at Arizona.

Comment

Ark City. Met several City League teams in tourneys, preseason, etc. I remember guarding Darnell Valentine and noting ONE of his thighs was as big as BOTH of mine! But, to my credit, I held him in the first half (he only played half due to the score) to, I think, 3000 points. Hence my decision to forgo the NBA for a career in medicine was a good one.
                I remember those tournaments held at the Garvey Gym at Friends.

Comment

We played our first game of the season each year I was there against K-MC (who we accused of recruiting!); played against Greg Dreiling. Played against Scott Hastings from Independence in State regionals; played against Darnell and AC at Heights; can't recall if Aubrey was there but I don't remember facing him. Anyway, those are the 4, should have been 5 with RR.

Comment

I remember the City League tripleheaders in the late 60's played at Henry Levitt arena.

Comment

Where did the buffon go?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Where did the buffon go?
                        Probably reeling over Furman's back to back losses.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Probably reeling over Furman's back to back losses.
                          Ouchies.

I bet both press conferences were wins though.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We played our first game of the season each year I was there against K-MC (who we accused of recruiting!); played against Greg Dreiling. Played against Scott Hastings from Independence in State regionals; played against Darnell and AC at Heights; can't recall if Aubrey was there but I don't remember facing him. Anyway, those are the 4, should have been 5 with RR.
                            I believe Aubrey was a SO when AC was a SR.

Comment

Eddie Smith. He played about 2 years after Ricky. Don’t think they okayed tofu. About 6-6, ended up playing at Arizona.
                              That is right. He was a good player but I thought he was there when RR played. Maybe he was a sophomore when Ross was a senior.

Comment

Working...
                              X