No announcement yet.

What's happening in STL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we hook students who want to go to STL up with free tix?

Comment

the crew that blew?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        the crew that blew?
        Haha. Yes, essentially. Im sure my Creighton friends would not be opposed to you saying that, in fact, they'd probably cheer you. :good:They said everyone pretty much just makes fun of them because they think they are super important when they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          I dont know if we do. But generally universities will pay for dance teams/cheerleaders and band members to travel to tournaments. Technically, I believe their Blue Crew is included in this, qualify as "cheerleaders" even if their own fanbase thinks they are awful. So its not like CU is just giving away free tickets to all of its students if they want to go to the arch. Regular students just coming down to cheer do have to pay via what my friends told me (I asked your question to them and I am going to assume we operate very similarly to CU). Its only the students who have to essentially work (for lack of a better term) during the games that get their trips paid for. I would assume WSU does the same thing, almost 100% positive. The WSU band does do the work IMO, so if they get a free trip, Im ok with that. And its not like they arent participating in the games either. But like for NCAA tourney, the NCAA usually foots at least part of if not all band and cheerleader transport/lodging for games to help universities out when it comes to travel since some sites end up being so far from home for some teams.
          Last edited by shocker2012; March 3, 2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
            I dont know if we do. But generally universities will pay for dance teams/cheerleaders and band members to travel to tournaments. Technically, I believe their Blue Crew is included in this, qualify as "cheerleaders" even if their own fanbase thinks they are awful. So its not like CU is just giving away free tickets to all of its students if they want to go to the arch. Regular students just coming down to cheer do have to pay via what my friends told me (I asked your question to them and I am going toassume we operate very similarly to CU). Its only the students who have to essentially work (for lack of a better term) during the games that get their trips paid for. I would assume WSU does the same thing, almost 100% positive. The WSU band does do the work IMO, so if they get a free trip, Im ok with that. And its not like they arent participating in the games either. But like for NCAA tourney, the NCAA usually foots at least part of if not all band and cheerleader transport for games to help Universities out when it comes to travel since some sites end up being so far from home for some teams.
            For all the post season tournaments, the band gets their transportation and hotel paid for, along with per diem for meals every day. Last year when the team went to New York for the NIT, the band traveled with the team and we all stayed in the same hotel. It was a great week. I'm assuming that the same thing will be happening this year.
            Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
              I dont know if we do. But generally universities will pay for dance teams/cheerleaders and band members to travel to tournaments. Technically, I believe their Blue Crew is included in this, qualify as "cheerleaders" even if their own fanbase thinks they are awful. So its not like CU is just giving away free tickets to all of its students if they want to go to the arch. Regular students just coming down to cheer do have to pay via what my friends told me (I asked your question to them and I am going to assume we operate very similarly to CU). Its only the students who have to essentially work (for lack of a better term) during the games that get their trips paid for. I would assume WSU does the same thing, almost 100% positive. The WSU band does do the work IMO, so if they get a free trip, Im ok with that. And its not like they arent participating in the games either. But like for NCAA tourney, the NCAA usually foots at least part of if not all band and cheerleader transport/lodging for games to help universities out when it comes to travel since some sites end up being so far from home for some teams.
              So what exactly does the blue crew do?

And if they indeed do get a free trip to STL then I would argue that our iconic "professional" students (ie wrap-arounds, hawaiian & too tight warm up jersey) should at least get as much because from what I can tell they do a heckuva lot more than the blue crew.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
                For all the post season tournaments, the band gets their transportation and hotel paid for, along with per diem for meals every day. Last year when the team went to New York for the NIT, the band traveled with the team and we all stayed in the same hotel. It was a great week. I'm assuming that the same thing will be happening this year.
                I figured as much. That sounds exactly how its like for my friends at CU as well. I would assume all the other Valley teams have the same policy for the band and their respective dance teams/cheerleaders. Sounds like a lot of fun too. That NIT week must have been a blast.

Comment

Asked a Missouri State fan in the hotel this morning
                  What they think of new coach. He said "not sure"
                  The year started off OK, but the second half has been
                  "horrible".
                  If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    So what exactly does the blue crew do?

And if they indeed do get a free trip to STL then I would argue that our iconic "professional" students (ie wrap-arounds, hawaiian & too tight warm up jersey) should at least get as much because from what I can tell they do a heckuva lot more than the blue crew.
                    Essentially nothing, according to my friends in CU's band. They are supposed to be super fans during the game and start cheers/keep cheering fairly non stop throughout the game. But my friends said usually the band has to start them because the Blue Crew doesnt. They hand out/toss out promotional stuff at games and hand out their blue and white balloons during the second half of their home games but dont really do much beyond that. But apparently they made such a big stink about all the "work" they put in, they are now classified as pseudocheerleaders. My band friends said absolutely no one likes them at CU and would love for them to go away. They are made fun of constantly by the band, dance team, and student section as a whole.

Comment

Got called an ******* by creighton students because I was walking up the escalator to my seat. so that was fun.

Comment

Drinking

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Sort of. It's only $35 to get a bus ride there and back along with a ticket to every WSU game. The hotel is only 100 a night, which makes for a pretty cheap weekend.
                          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

I let an Illinois State woman in front of the mob of students leaving the game in an attempt to be cordial in chaos. Her husband then felt it was necessary to make a snide comment about Marshall. I responded with a "Have fun in the CBI" chant.
                            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Ran Dumb thoughts from the Loo......

1st piano bar last night. Really enjoyed it. Was surprised about that.

Holy gods we have a old fanbase.

Course, we are at the Drury, so.....

THE REFS ARE GONNA SUCK.*

Nobody here I know, not a big surprise.

Win today, then watch 2nd game, then find a good steak, then a karaoke bar.....
                              *HOW PROPHETIC!!

Comment

Got home from St. Louis last night about 7:15. (I live 4.5 hours west of Wichita) Only fun thing of note in St. Louis was meeting a restaurant FULL of Creighton elite on The Hill Saturday night. I did exercise the opportunity to explain to them just what kind of disposable containers for feminine hygene products containing vinegar and water that the rest of the league views them as.

Comment

Working...
                                X