Congrats, Marshall COY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
    Not unanimous, he received 37 of the 40 first place votes. Simmons received the other three first place votes.
    Voters from Wichita couldn't vote for Marshall, so that makes it as unanimous as possible.

Wait...that doesn't make it 37 out of 40. It seems that would make it 36 out of 40.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Voters from Wichita couldn't vote for Marshall, so that makes it as unanimous as possible.
      That restriction does apply to player awards, but I'm not sure it applies to the COY awards. Apparently it does not since he received 37 votes.

Comment

Great job Coach Marshall!

Couldn't happen to a better guy. Listened to all of this years Coaches show on the drive over to St Louis. Always impressed by his approach to coaching.
        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
          Well deserved. Does this mean that if we need to have 1.9 seconds added to the clock in St. Louis he is now qualified to get this done?
          Marshall and the Shocks should have bagged that one in his, Marshall's, second season. What a comeback. I could be vindictave and say I still want more payback. 'Lots more..

Comment

3G gets this city, it's fans, and what the program can be. This award is a result of that attitude promulgating reality.

The class of the league and it's not even close.

Comment

Congrats HCGM. MTXE!

Comment

Wonder if Matilda is having a coronary?

Comment

Hopefully its the first of many more to come
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Well deserved and no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      Hopefully its the first of many more to come

Wait....which one?

3Gs COY or Mat's attacks?

Don't get me wrong, multiple occurrences of either would be nice...

Comment

No one deserved this more. Simply amazing what he's done over the last five years. Hope you guys can keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                          No one deserved this more. Simply amazing what he's done over the last five years. Hope you guys can keep him.
                          Care to donate to the "Keep Marshall" fund? lol

Comment

I would not trade Coach Marshall for any other Valley Coach. I would not trade his Coaching Staff for any other Staff in the Valley. I would not trade Coach Marshall's incoming Recruiting Class for any other Class this Season in the Valley. I would not trade our existing players for any other Valley team's players. Yes, Shocker Nation is blessed to have Coach Marshall and his Staff here at WSU. Hard work is rewarded with results and he has moved us forward each and every Season. What an awesome Coach he is!!!!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm a little surprised he does not get any national 'run' about being National Coach of the Year. If we win the Valley Tourney then I would expect there would have to be some consideration right?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                I'm a little surprised he does not get any national 'run' about being National Coach of the Year. If we win the Valley Tourney then I would expect there would have to be some consideration right?
                                There HAS to be some consideration. But first, MVC TOURNAMENT has got me seeing red meat.. grhhh...

Comment

Working...
                                X