Wichita State Shockers at Missouri Tigers Pregame Discussion 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

RCIV is a potential trfr portal to a school where he's allowed more freedom to create shots for himself. That's the kind of pressure IB is facing while trying to balance giving players enough freedom and, at the same time, getting them to buy into a system that encourages sharing the ball.

Insist he plays disciplined ball and there's a likelihood he's in the portal after this season. It's a different world than it was a few years ago.
    I recognize this issue. Yes there must be some balance between freedom and discipline play..It's not an either one or the other issue. And the potential for a player to transfer has always been there.. And with the transfer portal ppobably more today.. But the NEEDS of the team outweigh the needs of 1 player. And I am not saying RC4 is that kind of player but his basketball IQ and maturity level needs to improve in my opinion. I think Coach IB is the coach that can get RC4 where he wans to be..

I have personally seen so many great players never reach their potential because of the failure of this issue. Even 2 out of Wichita. I hope and pray that RC 4 is not another one. I am convinced he can be a great player.

This issue reminds me of Willie Wilson the former center fielder of the royals. One time somebody ask Wilson why he was so fast. Wilson responded by saying he was the 4th fastest in his neighborhood. So many great athletes don't make it for a variety of reasons. Maturity level is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Always like to knock of the P-5 schools but is Mizzou really considered a Blue Blood?
      You are right, I should have said, "It is always nice to knock off any school in that's in a P-5 Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I recognize this issue. Yes there must be some balance between freedom and discipline play..It's not an either one or the other issue. And the potential for a player to transfer has always been there.. And with the transfer portal ppobably more today.. But the NEEDS of the team outweigh the needs of 1 player. And I am not saying RC4 is that kind of player but his basketball IQ and maturity level needs to improve in my opinion. I think Coach IB is the coach that can get RC4 where he wans to be..

I have personally seen so many great players never reach their potential because of the failure of this issue. Even 2 out of Wichita. I hope and pray that RC 4 is not another one. I am convinced he can be a great player.

This issue reminds me of Willie Wilson the former center fielder of the royals. One time somebody ask Wilson why he was so fast. Wilson responded by saying he was the 4th fastest in his neighborhood. So many great athletes don't make it for a variety of reasons. Maturity level is one of them.
        Which two out of Wichita?

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and you families. Here's the deal. The Shocks are due a win versus these Tigers. We will declaw them on defense to prevent the "eye of the tiger" syndrome. Then we will twirl these tigers by the tail on offense until they are like dizzy mild cats. Even so, taming these tigers will be finer than a frog's hair, and messy like pulling hens teeth. Shocks win by 7.

WSU ------68

Missouri --61
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and you families. Here's the deal. The Shocks are due a win versus these Tigers. We will declaw them on defense to prevent the "eye of the tiger" syndrome. Then we will twirl these tigers by the tail on offense until they are like dizzy mild cats. Even so, taming these tigers will be finer than a frog's hair, and messy like pulling hens teeth. Shocks win by 7.

WSU ------68

Missouri --61
            Happy Thanksgiving to you also, FSF. There's nothing better than reading posts that start with "Here's the deal"!

I vote that you resume your rightful place in starting our game threads. You are truly the king!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Which two out of Wichita?
              Korleone Young?
              Mark Hutton?
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

WSU ------68

Missouri --61
                I don’t even care what your posts say, FSF. I just like them because it’s you and we are all happy when you post.

Comment

The world is a better place when FSF posts
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    The world is a better place when FSF posts
                    That's just BS man!

Comment

This board is definitely a better place when FSF posts!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

That's just BS man!
                        I think you dropped a couple of more slots on the smart part of SN Happy Thanksgiving to you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

I think you dropped a couple of more slots on the smart part of SN Happy Thanksgiving to you anyway.
                          That's just crap man...Happy Thanksgiving anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Korleone Young?
                            Mark Hutton?
                            Maurice Evans?
                            Conner Frankamp?

Comment

WSU +2

Comment

Can someone remind me the app to listen to the game? I will be in the car. At one time it was itune radio and/or shifted to radio.com and I’ve lost track. Or so I just go to keyn’s website

Comment

Working...
                                X