No announcement yet.

Wichita State Shockers at Missouri Tigers Pregame Discussion 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is Definitely time to get our first win against Missouri.

Always a joy to beat one of the Blue Blood Schools.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      Always a joy to beat one of the Blue Blood Schools.
      Always like to knock of the P-5 schools but is Mizzou really considered a Blue Blood?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Always like to knock of the P-5 schools but is Mizzou really considered a Blue Blood?
        No they are not. Far from it.

Comment

Any enemy of KU is a friend of mine.

Comment

Quotables: Brown Previews Mizzou

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/11/...ws-mizzou.aspx

Among other comments:

… What grade he gives the Las Vegas experience and what stood out that can help over the next two games:
            "I would probably say a "B". I don't think we rebounded at a high level. I don't think we executed on offense at a high level, and those are the things that we have to get better at to be able to win on the road. Going to play Missouri and Oklahoma State, we definitely have to rebound, execute on offense and take good shots. We've got to put together a good 40 minutes. We've been playing 20 minutes here, 15 there, but we have to play a good 40 minutes in order to go on the road and beat two really good basketball teams."

… What has to be better to start getting cleaner shots earlier in possessions:
            "(The ball is) sticking too much. We've got to do a better job in our penetration, trying to get someone else a wide-open shot. The guy that's driving the ball doesn't need to think, 'Shot.' He needs to think, 'I'm trying to get someone a wide-open shot."

… the importance of proper spacing on offense:
            "You have to have proper spacing. Guys have to be in the right spots. We've got to have guys in the corner, one guy under the basket and two guards at the top. When we drive and kick, it gives more room for open opportunities."

… Udeze's potential to impact the game against Missouri:
            "We definitely need to get the ball to Morris this game. They're not as big as Arizona and UNLV, so we have to do a good job of trying to go inside, and we just need to get Morris going. He's a guy that can really score on the block. I think it's up to the guards to try to drive and create help situations and get him a couple dunks to get his confidence going again."

Comment

Quotables: Brown Previews Mizzou

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/11/...ws-mizzou.aspx

… What grade he gives the Las Vegas experience and what stood out that can help over the next two games:
              "I would probably say a "B". I don't think we rebounded at a high level. I don't think we executed on offense at a high level, and those are the things that we have to get better at to be able to win on the road. Going to play Missouri and Oklahoma State, we definitely have to rebound, execute on offense and take good shots. We've got to put together a good 40 minutes. We've been playing 20 minutes here, 15 there, but we have to play a good 40 minutes in order to go on the road and beat two really good basketball teams."
              … What has to be better to start getting cleaner shots earlier in possessions:
              "(The ball is) sticking too much. We've got to do a better job in our penetration, trying to get someone else a wide-open shot. The guy that's driving the ball doesn't need to think, 'Shot.' He needs to think, 'I'm trying to get someone a wide-open shot."

Say it louder for the people in the back......
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Is this the Tre King bowel? Winner take all?

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                  bowel
                  This might be an accurate statement...

Comment

I am glad he said something about spacing. Our spacing was terrible in this tournament. . When I watched Villanova I said man now that is good spacing. It leads to good shots. They would have beat Purdue but missing 8 free throws in the final minutes usually means a loss.

Comment

Only if we don't get him. Then yes it would be a bowel movement.

Comment

HCIB is saying all the right things. Now can he get his guys to buy in and get them coached up?

Comment

HCIB is saying all the right things. Now can he get his guys to buy in and get them coached up?
                          If some of these players are not going to listen, then they need to sit down.

Comment

Hey man I made that joke first. Well bowl and not bowel. Props for that, especially if it was intentional.

I hope he picks Mizzou obviously but if not, I hope it is Wichita State over ISU. We have to play them later on in that Big XII/SEC challenge thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

If some of these players are not going to listen, then they need to sit down.
                              RCIV is a potential trfr portal to a school where he's allowed more freedom to create shots for himself. That's the kind of pressure IB is facing while trying to balance giving players enough freedom and, at the same time, getting them to buy into a system that encourages sharing the ball.

Insist he plays disciplined ball and there's a likelihood he's in the portal after this season. It's a different world than it was a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

That's the kind of pressure IB is facing while trying to balance giving players enough freedom and, at the same time, getting them to buy into a system that encourages sharing the ball.
                                Same pressure all coaches are under, whether a player is talented or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X