FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2021 | 8:00 P.M. CT
    COLUMBIA, MISSOURI | MISSOU ARENA
    TV: SEC NETWORK/ESPN+
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: MISSOU LEADS SERIES 4-0
    LAST MEETING
    : DECEMBER 6, 2020. COLUMBIA, MO.
    WSU 62 - MISSOU 72
    Last edited by wichshock65; November 23, 2021, 08:30 AM.

Lines

KenPom -1
    Torvik -4
    ESPN BPI +2.5

Interested to see if these metrics converge a little more over the course of the season. BPI has seemingly always had us a little bit lower, presumably because pre-season projections are less baked in to their ratings. Over time, they should converge, but it will be interesting to track.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Tiggers - 62
      Shockers - 70

I'd love to beat the living hell out of them but I'm still not sure if this team is capable of doing that yet.

I want to see a lot of Pohto. Would like to see a little more of Jenkins as well.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This would be a bad loss.

Should he less than 1000 in attendance.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Tiggers - 62
          Shockers - 70

I'd love to beat the living hell out of them but I'm still not sure if this team is capable of doing that yet.

I want to see a lot of Pohto. Would like to see a little more of Jenkins as well.
          And a little more of Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            This would be a bad loss.

Should he less than 1000 in attendance.
            Lulz. It won't be that bad.

The timing of this game is bad for our fans however. This might be the only home game of the season that I will be unable to attend in person due to the fact I will be down in Arkansas for our football game with the Razorbacks. Generally our fans are not fond of late tipoffs like this but the one positive is it allows enough of a buffer to watch the football game on TV and drive over to Mizzou Arena.

This Mizzou team returns only two guys that were in the rotation from the team that played in Wichita last year and ultimately made it to the NCAA Tournament. We are 4th or 5th in the country in fewest returning minutes from last season. So even in this era of massive transfers, this team is especially new. We have wins over a couple of MAC teams in Central Michigan and Northern Illinois. We had a really nice comeback on Sunday in Jacksonville to beat your friends down on the Hilltop or whatever they call that down in Dallas (SMU). We just got blown out by Florida State last night in that same tournament and we have that brutal home loss to UMKC as you all are well aware.

I didn't follow WSU all that closely after our game last year but I was happy you all won enough to make it to the NCAA Tournament. That is a pretty good accomplishment for Coach Brown considering the turmoil he inherited. I was in a rare, good basketball mood after our OT win over SMU Sunday night so I watched quite a bit of your game against UNLV. It looked like a great turnout of Shocker fans. That was impressive. Good "neutral" site win.

I would suspect Wichita State would be a narrow betting favorite in the Tre King Bowl on Friday. It certainly won't be a hostile crowd or anything. The students have actually brought a decent amount of energy thus far in our home games but they won't be there in force during the holiday. Safe travels to anyone making the drive to CoMo for the game.

Comment

I just want to see the Shocks play the same perimeter D they played last week.

They'll be in every game they play if they keep doing so.

Comment

Is there a way to view SEC Network games online and/or on demand?

Comment

I’ve never used it, but goshockers has a watch espn link. Go to goshockers men’s basketball schedule and there is a link.

Comment

I wonder if I could find anyone to drive to Columbia with me. I may have to ask around.

Otherwise, the TV it is. I just checked and it looks like Hulu has the SEC Network. I've never once looked or cared until just now. I'll go back to not caring after Friday.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Is there a way to view SEC Network games online and/or on demand?
                      I believe you are covered watching the SEC Network thru your ESPN+ account.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I believe you are covered watching the SEC Network thru your ESPN+ account.
                        That's what it looks like to me.

Comment

Mizzou got absolutely throttled last night by Florida State. 81-58. We really need this one.

Comment

Gold and Black = 64
                            Black and Yellow = 72

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if there are more WSU fans than Mizzou fans. Our fans definitely travel.

Shocks 68
                              Tiggers 55

Comment

Working...
                              X