Wichita State Shockers vs. UNLV Game Thread 11-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    It clearly was a foul. The UNLV player forced Tyson out of bounds.The refs made the right call and the right no-call when the UNLV slipped on the last possession. I really like the class shown by Cowch IB and Coach Kruger on their take on the squabble during the hand shake line. But I have several questions.

When is DD going to start making 3 point shots? He is wide open.

When are the Shocks going to start finishing fast breaks?. FINISH!!!!! Several blown opportunities with advantages.

When is RC4 going to stop playing hero ball and making that spin move for a turnover?

When is Que Grant going to learn that this is not Div2 ball? From the beginning you could see he was sped up and out of sync.

I almost had a heart attack. MU passed the ball out of a double team. When is he going to start playing with more composure? He been here long enough. He should STOP complaining about fouls.

When are the Shocks going to put 2 halves together and take care of business.

GO SHOCKS
    To be fair to Grant he has shown flashes and has had a couple of solid games mixed with below average. You have to remember this is his first taste of D1. I see him sort of like a JUCO guy. I expect to him to be much more consistent by Feb or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

To be fair to Grant he has shown flashes and has had a couple of solid games mixed with below average. You have to remember this is his first taste of D1. I see him sort of like a JUCO guy. I expect to him to be much more consistent by Feb or so.
      I agree he has had some good games. I hope his maturity continues. We need him. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’ve noticed TE has a tendency to ‘smile’ a lot regardless of the situation and there’s a good chance it rubs some coaches the wrong way. There seemed to be a lot of ‘yapping’ from both teams last night… in fairness, it was bedtime for most.
        WstateU
        How long ago were you 18-22? For most of them, it most certainly wasn't bedtime. (You don't have to answer that, because we all know.)

Comment

• The spectres whom have lingered, to spread poison (that means food poisoning), since our last trip to Vegas were exorcised last night, and from the light they fled

ChickenSoup.jpg

E Pluribus Unum.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 22, 2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
            Lonnie Kruger must be proud of Kevin - his coaching and conduct is very reflective of his dad. Tough to tell them apart if you don't see who is speaking.
            Is all that you do here is comment on opposing coaches’ endearing qualities?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’ve noticed TE has a tendency to ‘smile’ a lot regardless of the situation and there’s a good chance it rubs some coaches the wrong way. There seemed to be a lot of ‘yapping’ from both teams last night… in fairness, it was bedtime for most.
              Probably more than just some coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                all the UNLV fans are yelling at him in the replies lol
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Absolutely a GREAT job gang.

I get almost as much fun and enjoyment out of reading your play-by-play comments as I do watching the game on TV.

And of course your comments are a lot more colorful and often more accurate than these of the paid announcers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                    I watched the game at 2x speed this morning before class. Turnovers and missed ops in fast break seemed to be a constant. A few D breakdowns, but overall pretty good. TE still forcing a few shots and what was our FT %??
                    I bet the fast breaks were really fast.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ShockRef;n1318521The dumbest player on a WSU team since John Smith.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Bro, that is a strong statement
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I've been pretty surprised with the play of our point guards so far this year. Porter is good, and Grant has shown that he can be really good.

Hilarious that McCabe was yelling "go home" just for his team to choke.

I remember UNLV being dicks when they played in Wichita last. I think I remember some hard fouls at the end of the game. If I remember correctly, there were also some issues with Nevada that, Marshall and Musselman got into it at half court during the handshake line.

Comment

• Eye test tells me UNLV is better than their current 124 rating on KenPom but time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            I've been pretty surprised with the play of our point guards so far this year. Porter is good, and Grant has shown that he can be really good.

Hilarious that McCabe was yelling "go home" just for his team to choke.

I remember UNLV being dicks when they played in Wichita last. I think I remember some hard fouls at the end of the game. If I remember correctly, there were also some issues with Nevada that, Marshall and Musselman got into it at half court during the handshake line.
                            Musselsman was out of line and still is an arrogant punk.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Eye test tells me UNLV is better than their current 124 rating on KenPom but time will tell.
                              that's what they say about everyone we play. We play such an ugly style that we make everyone look good

Comment

• Just when I thought Triisa from UA was going to take the d-bag of the tournament award, McCabe comes in and steals the award away. What a load of BS that dude is. He got his though. LOL!

Mo continues to be a liability, but I presume he is continuing to play due to his timely rebounding, particularly offensive rebounding.

TE was money!!! That's how I want to see him play. Was much more under control (outside of a couple of times).

Pohto is going to be special. The way defenses will have to stretch out to the 3 point line to gaurd him and still defend him inside is something the Shockers haven't had in a long time. He is becoming a tenacious defender and shot blocker as well. Look out.

Monzy continue to be Monzy and bring the energy. He is the glue guy who will be the unsung hero of this team, a la Evan Wessel. I think he will become the leader along with TE and DD.

Nice to get out of Vegas at 1-1. I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X