What I liked about Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I liked about Hatch

My brother pointed out that Hatch did not look the least bit afraid out there last night. He looked strong and confident. Our team lacks this often. Thanks for being a man out there Grahm!

GH was a breath of fresh air last night on the cold and ruthless Valley road. He really seemed to have a flow in the scheme of our game-plan when he was on the floor.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hatch

That performance should earn him some more minutes in the future! Looks like being out 2 yrs since playing in high school has helped him with added maturity. He was really cool for a freshman.

Comment

Re: Hatch

Originally posted by xazshox
        That performance should earn him some more minutes in the future! Looks like being out 2 yrs since playing in high school has helped him with added maturity. He was really cool for a freshman.
        His future, of course, being limited by the remaining games left this year...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Originally posted by xazshox
          His future, of course, being limited by the remaining games left this year...

T

...8)
          uh oh, does Cold know something we dont?
          ________
          MARRIAGE ADVICE
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

He gave us a little boost with the 3, and him driving surprised even me a little.
            Irregardless of the fact that he isn't the fastest on the court, he has potential in other areas, and a pretty good shot.

He did average about 16 ppg his senior year at Mesa (25 games).

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
              uh oh, does Cold know something we dont?
              Cold has just been very anti Hatch because he's not quick
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What will Hatch's increase in PT mean for the more athletic Arbry Butler? Hatch seemed to respond well to the coaching he received. That's a great start.

Comment

I feel kinda bad for Butler. I've been high on him since we started recruiting him. I like his athleticism and think he could be a defensive contributor in the paint with his length and jumping ability. But I don't know what goes on in practice. Obviously he's not doing something right. It's a shame that he worked so hard to get eligible and stay on the team but apparently doesn't put forth the effort that Marshall desires. I still think he could give us a shot blocker inside but we may never see it.

One of the things about Hatch since day one was that he was said to be a hard worker. He was expected to do whatever was asked of him and I think that will earn him some minutes. He showed last night that he can help and play some minutes. With more PT maybe he can show more. If nothing else, he becomes more confident and feels more comfortable out there. He may not be the quickest but he's smart and and a hard worker. That accounts for something.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                    What will Hatch's increase in PT mean for the more athletic Arbry Butler? Hatch seemed to respond well to the coaching he received. That's a great start.
                    It doesnt mean anything because arbry has choosen to not be on the court. Why he would choose such a fate is beyond me when he has already used his redshirt. I really think he is gone next year and in all honesty if he isnt willing to take some minutes here and there for a team thats struggling then he should go. I wouldnt want a guy like that on my team. I want kids that want to compete and mix it up on my team no matter the position we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO

Arbry's potential is unlimited. I have mentioned this to a few in the past. Unfortunately his unwillingness to "buy in" to the entire package is obviously beyond frustrating to everyone involved. It would seem to me the writing is on the wall.

Off topic, does anyone think we would be any good with Ben Uzoh running the team right now?

Comment

Not all good players are necessarily quick and not all quick players are necessarily good.

Does Graham have the game to contribute for the Shocks. Well he did last night.

Compare him to Jeremy Crouch of Bradley. I don't think Crouch is much, if any, quicker than Graham, but he has developed into a pretty solid player for Bradley.

As previous posters pointed out he played for the most part with poise and confidence and looked like he belonged on the floor.

I'm not ready to write Graham off yet.

Comment

Personally, I like Hatch. He's a big guard, he's got a nice stroke on the 3, and if last night is any indication he doesn't rattle easily. I'm sure Coach has him running sprint workouts every day and twice on Sundays, but as important as speed is to Marshall's system, I'm sure mental toughness is more important.

At the very least he'll be a good off-the-bench guard, a la Matt Clark (one of my favorite players of the Turgeon era, btw). Offsetting the speed issue is that he's big enough to play 2 or even a little 3 (which I think he did last night) in the Valley when we need a 3-shooting package.

He looked out of position sometimes on defense, but certainly no more than Ellis (who you can almost SEE thinking, "WHOOPS!! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THERE!!"), and both cases can almost certainly be attributed to freshmen-itis.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            I'm not ready to write Graham off yet.
                            :good: Only a Freshmen who wants to work hard to get better. 6-4 wing who can stroke it. Never a bad thing. Perhaps he's starting to get his wings under Marshall, and perhaps now Marshall is startiung to see something in Hatch.
                            Hey we need "shooters"!!! :wsu_posters:
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Hey...we need MAKERS

Comment

Working...
                              X