Wichita State Shockers vs. Arizona Wildcats Pregame Discussion 11-19-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hopefully, you didn't reverse the reverse jinx the thread had going.

In any case, I hope HCIB's strategy of sandbagging the competition in Vegas works. That has been his strategy, correct?
    I'm hanging my hay on this, that TE is hungrier than anyone we will face this weekend. He was embarrassed in the tourney last year and I don't think it will happen again. He is the teams leader, the others will follow.

How 'bout that?

Now that I think about it, Shocks by 21.

(This PSA has been brought to you by your friendly SN sunshine pumper)

Comment

Speaking of Tyson. Any updates on how he is feeling that I may have missed?

Comment

Speaking of Tyson. Any updates on how he is feeling that I may have missed?
        Practiced yesterday and is good to go tomorrow night per IB.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

Had Lloyd made this comment to his players in the locker room, you would be absolutely right, but he was replying to a question asked by a reporter in an interview, and naturally few coaches are going to bad mouth their opponent when they are being recorded. Regardless, our players should take the praise, recognize the truth of the statement, and make sure that they do not make Coach Lloyd out to be a liar.
          Thanks I understand and appreciate your point. But I don't accept his praise and I hope our players do not either. It's just a game that he is playing and his statement is evidence of his state of mind. I am sure he will tell his players the same thing he told the media.. Lloyd is a coach that has been taught the Gonzaga way to attack his opponents through their offense. But I am not sure the attacker can handled being attacked. I hope our players are coming to attack and play our defense and rebound. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Practiced yesterday and is good to go tomorrow night per IB.
            I wonder what ailed Tyson. It apparently wasn't anything contagious. Wonder if had some food poisoning. That is not pleasant at all but something you can bounce back form fairly quickly. Especially, if you are getting top notch care we he no doubt received.

Comment

Comment

In any case, I hope HCIB's strategy of sandbagging the competition in Vegas works. That has been his strategy, correct?
                But of course it was! Huge reversal of trends coming up tomorrow.

Shocks hit AZ's avg. points per game of 94.
                AZ struggles against Shocks defense and puts up the Shockers avg. points per game of 63.

We got this!!!!

FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Huge Win - Vegas.jpg

Spin the wheel WU!!!

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Comment

Reason tells me we are going to lose, but screw reason, Shocks win by 3 on another bomb by Tyson.

Comment

Reason tells me we are going to lose, but screw reason, Shocks win by 3 on another bomb by Tyson.
                        Atta boy!

Comment

Get the latest Wichita State Odds, see their recent and upcoming schedule, matchups, injuries, stats, and team news.

Vegas has the Shockers opening as as the Underdogs by 8.0 points.

Comment

really good analysis from a podcaster about the match up.
                            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Maybe one from halfcourt this time?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                                https://247sports.com/college/arizon...te--175637640/

really good analysis from a podcaster about the match up.
                                I listen to this guy and he was pure garbage. For moment I thought I was listening to a typical chickenhawk fan. Same old blueblood arrogance. His description of our players and his take on TE was sht. Fukk him and the horse that he is riding.

Comment

Working...
                                X