Wichita State vs. JSU Game Thread 11-9-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I get we can’t, and shouldn’t, throw out the first half.

However the 2nd half was considerably better than the first. Shot 43%. Lots of better looks.

That indicates adjustments made, no?

“But I just don’t see NCAA caliber here” - Houston just had to get to OT to beat a significantly worse team. Didn’t ranked Virginia lose to Navy tonight ?

I know you hate IB for some reason, whatever, I think that’s dumb, but to each their own.

However, again these posts with opinions like that 40-minutes into the season are just stupid. Sorry.

And utterly predictable from your grousy negative attitude the past like 13 months.
    Hate? Where did I say I hated him or anybody?

As far as opinions regarding a college basketball game, well I’m not sure why you’re here or why the thread went to 18 pages then. Just because you don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t not exist. Snowflake.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; November 10, 2021, 02:08 PM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Seven blocks, ten steals. Both of those are around twice what we averaged last year and would have been top of the NCAA for the season.

That’s something I’ll keep an eye on throughout the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        The band also needs more practice. That was one of the most painful Star Spangled Banner's I've ever heard. And it wasn't just that one song. They need to tighten things up.

Pohto is a stud.

Dex has to knock down those wide open looks.

Mo needs to never dribble more than once max. He also needs to learn how to put a body on someone and not to throw himself into a defender and flail like some 5'6", 102lb weakling.

Ty is Ty

Ricky has a huge ceiling. If he keeps things under control he's going to be a major baller.

Joe was steady.

I liked what I saw from Porter. He does a lot of little things that make us better.

Qua has to learn this isn't DII.

I like Monzy and felt he played much more under control that what I recall from much of last year.

When they do the dance cam, it would help if the crowd can actually hear the music.

Props to dude for hitting the half court shot during some timeout promo

Attendance wasn't great but the crowd was good.

Pohto was sick? Can't wait to see him healthy.

Lots of potential, lots to work on.
        No comment about the NCAA banner nearly falling off after being unveiled?

Oh I know, just a meaningless basketball-less observation. I’ll wait for pie to call me out on that one.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Excellent question!!

A few more:

How can you have a Dance Cam with music played so softly that many can't even hear it?

How can the pneumatic shirt launcher only propel shirts 3-4 feet?

How can you not even bother to put half time stats on the scoreboard?

Why would scores from other games not be put on the scoreboard at halftime?

We laughed at the t-shirt gun. My husband said, “What happened to that Gatling gun they had two years ago? The one that was so scary they could only fire it at one side of the arena.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Seven blocks, ten steals. Both of those are around twice what we averaged last year and would have been top of the NCAA for the season.

That’s something I’ll keep an eye on throughout the season.
            More impressively to me .. Pohto was credited with 2 steals .. but it feels like he was involved in more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

We laughed at the t-shirt gun. My husband said, “What happened to that Gatling gun they had two years ago? The one that was so scary they could only fire it at one side of the arena.”
              My son is a Engineer for NIAR. I will get him working on this ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Hate? Where did I say I hated him or anybody?

As far as opinions regarding a college basketball game, well I’m not sure why you’re here or why the thread went to 18 pages then. Just because you don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t not exist. Snowflake.
                Didn't say it shouldn't exist. Said it was stupid.

Comment

• offense - horrible
                  defense - fairly good
                  rebounding - very good 90% of game
                  shooting - good FT, horrible 3's, (great mid-court game-winning shooting)
                  porter - potg - nice rebounding
                  pohto - nice player, good defensively, (definitely a 70's throwback)
                  udeze - no more 3's please - no more turnovers while trying to pass like a PG please
                  dex - fairly decent game overall
                  qua - good ball handler
                  rc4 - ???? what was that
                  tyson - good shooting, not enough looks
                  others - meh
                  last possession - very bad
                  win - good

Comment

• I thought Joe P was solid. An upgrade over Trey Wade for sure, who was just ok in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Didn't say it shouldn't exist. Said it was stupid.
                      When are we allowed to comment on the play of the basketball team? January? February? Just let me know.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When are we allowed to comment on the play of the basketball team? January? February? Just let me know.
                        In your case, May would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Apparently we've had a mascot change
                          20211110_173156.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

In your case, May would be nice.
                            Is that the time of year when your 800 friends can come over with their vaccination cards and have a pool party?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Is that the time of year when your 800 friends can come over with their vaccination cards and have a pool party?
                              You're welcome to come over any time and take a dip in the pond (some call it a lake) in my back yard. Don't even need a vac card if you're not coming in the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

You're welcome to come over any time and take a dip in the pond (some call it a lake) in my back yard. Don't even need a vac card if you're not coming in the house.
                                Tell us more.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X