Why aren’t you going to games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren’t you going to games?

If you live within an hour’s drive of Koch and probably won’t be going to a game in the near future (this season) the PRIMARY reason is:
    Mask Mandate, Enforced or Not
    11.11%
    Disgusted with Athletic Department For Multiple Reasons
    25.93%
    Too Much Effort When You can Watch on Television
    33.33%
    Still Avoiding Crowds
    22.22%
    Not the same since Coach Marshall left
    25.93%

To follow up, I voted for not the same since Coach left because I just don't have the passion (yet) that I did with Gregg. Maybe I'll find it, I don't know. It's nothing against IB whom I like a lot. I do hope I find it soon... it might keep me from a game or two, but I'll still make as many games as I am capable of attending.

And as for the mask mandate, trust me, if it bothers you I understand. I hate it as much as anyone, but they are probably handling as best as they can from a fan standpoint. I've been to 3 volleyball games and 1 basketball game and there have been NO issues or ANYTHING and I've never once put a mask on. If you are hesitant, then wear one through the door and then take it off when you get past the ticket takers. You will absolutely NOT be bothered, and if anything, you'll feel out of line actually wearing one vs not wearing one.

Don't let that keep you from the game. It is a complete non-issue.

Comment

there is currently no tickets available for tonights game on stubhub, im quite stunned

Comment

my apologies thats womens bball, there is 264 tickets available

Comment

I will also say that on top of the potential masking issue, I need to see how it's handled for a little longer, I have a social anxiety issue that has always made attending games alone difficult. I've done it some in the past, and I survive, but I get more enjoyment out of games when I'm watching with friends rather than alone in a sea of thousands. So I'll be in Andover watching with a few of my best friends and that's likely how I'll watch most games.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

For me its: Other - I live 1,161 miles from Koch Arena...that and mask mandates.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              For me its: Other - I live 1,161 miles from Koch Arena...that and mask mandates.
              Excuses, excuses.

Comment

I am still attending games. I have not issues at all.

Comment

No one to watch my 2 year old. Maybe I can find a babysitter for a game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    No one to watch my 2 year old. Maybe I can find a babysitter for a game this season.
                    Are you married? What's wrong with your wife? C'mon man. Tell her to suck it up. On second thought, you might not want to do that.

Comment

What percentage of fans do you think are fully vaccinated?
                      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

None of the above, we're just at a point in life where one of our kids has something going on pretty much every night of the week. Hoping to have some free Saturday evenings. That being said, I'm sure there are a number of factors, many of which are listed in the poll.

I'd also add in potentially

Crappy non-conference schedule (although 5 years ago we'd sell the place out for Newman)
                        While the program is still easily a top 50 program, it's been a while now since the last deep run in March.
                        On the other side, the program has been nationally relevant for 20 years now, so maybe some just take it for granted?

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                          None of the above, we're just at a point in life where one of our kids has something going on pretty much every night of the week. Hoping to have some free Saturday evenings. That being said, I'm sure there are a number of factors, many of which are listed in the poll.

I'd also add in potentially

Crappy non-conference schedule (although 5 years ago we'd sell the place out for Newman)
                          While the program is still easily a top 50 program, it's been a while now since the last deep run in March.
                          On the other side, the program has been nationally relevant for 20 years now, so maybe some just take it for granted?
                          Valid point. The last Round of 32 win was 78-65....and that was 6-1/2 years ago. That does seem like it was eons ago.
                          78-65

Comment

I won't be going because I live in the KC area. I'll get back for a couple games this year hopefully.

The production value/lack of GM/Athletic Department/avoiding crowds wouldn't stop me...only thing that would stop me might be the ability to watch on TV for games.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                              What percentage of fans do you think are fully vaccinated?
                              Considering the average age of the crowd, I'd bet greater than 70% are fully vaccinated, and greater than 80% have at least one vax.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                              X