No announcement yet.

2021-22 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to start a separate thread on this, but it’s not quite worth it:

The Lane McDonald’s T-Shirt Cannon is the most embarrassing thing ever!!

I could throw a T-Shirt farther with my foot.

If my name was attached to a promotion like that, I would want those T-Shirts punching holes through the banners, they are fired was so much force.

End of rant.
    The Assman

Comment

• That thing was pretty embarrassing at the game I attended. Though based on attendance, does it really need to shoot much higher these days?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        I really want to start a separate thread on this, but it’s not quite worth it:

If my name was attached to a promotion like that, I would want those T-Shirts punching holes through the banners, they are fired was so much force.

End of rant.
        Really, the thing needs to be sponsored by an ED med or funeral home. Terribly embarrassing.

Comment

• I really think a committee of 3rd graders could come up with better promotions than are at Shocker games… it’s hard to even list ANY that are good

Comment

End of rant.
            It used to be at that level. I remember a banner or two being hit. Whatever changed now only includes the lower 25-30% of seats, if that. That promo had/has the ability to keep the whole arena engaged which I believe is important. I also remember them having the men cheerleaders throwing shirts in the upper areas. I think that lasted until a men's cheerleader got "out-thrown" by the women. I'm saying this from one who sits in the lower bowl.

Comment

End of rant.
              Makes you wonder of the lawyers got involved and advised WSU to power down to avoid even the relatively low possibility of injuring someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

It used to be at that level. I remember a banner or two being hit. Whatever changed now only includes the lower 25-30% of seats, if that. That promo had/has the ability to keep the whole arena engaged which I believe is important. I also remember them having the men cheerleaders throwing shirts in the upper areas. I think that lasted until a men's cheerleader got "out-thrown" by the women. I'm saying this from one who sits in the lower bowl.
                When they used a single-shot t-shirt cannon, it went much further (if the t-shirt didn't unravel in flight). The Gatling cannon doesn't build up enough pressure, apparently.

Comment

• They shoot hot dogs out of a gun a Nebraska football games.

I’d much rather have a free hot dog versus a crappy oversized shirt I’m never going to wear!
                  The Assman

Comment

The gatlen gun one was? I never remember that one shooting very far.

the single shirt gun one always worked well. Plus they would try to get the crowd engaged before they shot it.

my friend who was a former female cheerleader could launch it well into the upper deck. I remember several people being impressed by it.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

When they used a single-shot t-shirt cannon, it went much further (if the t-shirt didn't unravel in flight). The Gatling cannon doesn't build up enough pressure, apparently.
                      I didn’t even read this one before I posted pretty much the same thing!

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one who remembered things this way.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

the single shirt gun one always worked well. Plus they would try to get the crowd engaged before they shot it.

my friend who was a former female cheerleader could launch it well into the upper deck. I remember several people being impressed by it.
                        OK! OK! OK! I'm old. Take pity.

If I'm not mistaken again, I thought the gatling had been used before this year and had done better than this year, but maybe not.

I DO remember that female cheerleader.

Comment

I do remember a female cheerleader with quite an arm, maybe 10-ish years ago?

So is she now a he?

Comment

• As someone who grew up in row 31, that gal was my favorite cheerleader. She had a cannon for an arm.

Edit to sound slightly less creepy- it was awesome to see her out throw all the dudes. Something we always enjoyed watching.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

They shoot hot dogs out of a gun a Nebraska football games.

I’d much rather have a free hot dog versus a crappy oversized shirt I’m never going to wear!
                              difference is, you can put an advertising slogan on a shirt and all sorts of people will see it as you wear it around. Harder to do with a hot dog.

Comment

OK! OK! OK! I'm old. Take pity.

If I'm not mistaken again, I thought the gatling had been used before this year and had done better than this year, but maybe not.

I DO remember that female cheerleader.
                                They have had the gatlin gun for a couple years. It’s always been bad, I just finally had to make a point about it.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I do remember a female cheerleader with quite an arm, maybe 10-ish years ago?

So is she now a he?
                                You remember correctly.

We both were at WSU between 2007-2011/2012.

She still looks almost the same from back in those days.

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                As someone who grew up in row 31, that gal was my favorite cheerleader. She had a cannon for an arm.

Edit to sound slightly less creepy- it was awesome to see her out throw all the dudes. Something we always enjoyed watching.
                                You weren’t alone, don’t feel bad ;)

I’ll have to tell her we were reminiscing on her Howitzer of an arm.

O’ the good ol’ days!
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X