X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Madness Bracket

From MVCFans

Attached Files

I like our chances of making the finals. CU sems to have tough matchups for them in every game.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

My guess is we'll face Indiana State. If we should win that, then Northern Iowa.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Poor Drake.
        Get pounded today.
        Then learn that as a THIRD place team, has to play on Thursday.:cry:
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Lololol @ Drake.

Comment

Indiana State has been a pain in our ***, even this year when we beat them twice. Has Odum made a three since he played us?

Of course, there is still the revenge factor from last years tourney hanging out there.

Still, I would rather have SIU on Friday.

Comment

Here is the MVC page with officel stuff

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                Poor Drake.
                Get pounded today.
                Then learn that as a THIRD place team, has to play on Thursday.:cry:
                Poor Drake. How about poor Indiana State. Did I understand correctly that 2 points today separated was the differenced for them between a #3 seed and a #8 seed. That is crazy.

A lot of people think this muddle in the middle is indicative a week league. Of course, if this happened in a BCS Conference it would be indicative of great balance in the league and all their teams should be in the dance.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 25, 2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Indy St. will be a tough out no doubt, but let's get some revenge for last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Poor Drake. How about poor Indiana State. Did I understand correctly that 2 points today seperated was the differenced for them between a #3 seed and a #8 seed. That is crazy.

A lot of people think this muddle in the middle is indicative a week league. Of course, if this happened in a BCS Conference it would be indicative of great balance in the league and all their teams should be in the dance.
                    True, but do you see any other Tournament capable teams other than WSU and CU? I really don't. And if there are, maybe ISUb or MSU, their record sure doesn't speak for themselves on getting in, even if they could handle themselves well in a tournament game. Weak or not, this wasn't really the best season conference wise for the MVC. In the beginning it looked like 3 teams were a lock, now I don't see 3 teams in unless some random middle of the pack teams wins out in the tournament. But it is the valley, so anything is quite possible.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      True, but do you see any other Tournament capable teams other than WSU and CU?
                      Not really. But I see a boat load of NIT quality teams that can beat you if you don't come ready to play, especially on their home court. I hope MSU is one and done in St. Louis. Those guys simply cashed it in to close out the season and cost the Shocks two Top 100 wins. That effort, or lack thereof, was in particular led by Kyle Weems. I hope the voters had the sense to realize he quit on his team and not have him on the MVC 1st team, although I expect that is were he will land.

Who knows though, MSU may come into St. Louis with a totally energized outlook and effort which would irritate me even more.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        At season's end, I am in the "muddle in the middle" camp. I believe the league truly is down this season. There are a couple of reasons (at least) for this. #1 - Only WSU and sCUm and multiple threats and legitimate inside AND outside scoring threats. No teams can really counter Stutz and Echinique for 40 minutes., and the guard play of WSU and sCUm all-around is FAR superior to every other team. #2 - There are not a lot of quality upperclassmen outsite WSU and sCUm. WSU's heavily upperclassmen laden lineup clearly lead the Shocks to the top. Seniors don't panic and mostly don't let up.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

The MVC has two teams that are a lock for the tournament. Measuring from the top down indicates a pretty good year. You look at the muddle in the middle and you see some pretty good non-con wins. If any of those teams had gotten some separation from the rest, they surely would be bubble teams.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Outside of the top team and maybe sCUm, what an effed up league. It's almost embarrassing to have that many .500 teams.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Had UNI and MSU not shat their pants in conference, they could have had a chance on the tourney.

They coulda been a contenda.

Comment

Working...
                              X