Boatright interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boatright interview

Boatright interviewed on KGSO this a.m. (Paraphrases unless quote marks are used.)

On realignment: We're happy where we are. We don't have the concern of our conference imploding. I can't say that's where we were a couple of weeks ago.

On the six adds: We're excited. They provide stability. If another school were to leave it wouldn't impact us that much. Some programs are on the rise. Some are already performing well.

On football: We're not interested in doing that. That's not something that we believe would be successful here and it's cost-prohibitive anyway. ... "When the elephant comes into the room you've gotta feed it. ... As long as I'm here that will not something that we look too deeply into. Now, if we have a presidential change and they would like to look at football, I'm probably not the right guy for this job. Just because I don't believe in it."

On basketball: I like our talent level. I like our experience coming back. We've got really really good leadership. I look for them to get off to a fast start. Las Vegas will give us an idea of what the ceiling is.

On the basketball crowd: Hopefully the return to full capacity crowds will give us budgetary flexibility in years to come.

(interview starts at the 2 hr 40 minute mark)
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

My prediction:
    People who hate Boatright are going to hate everything he said, even if they agree, because HE said it.

Only prediction...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      My prediction:
      People who hate Boatright are going to hate everything he said, even if they agree, because HE said it.

Only prediction...
      Almost like politics...

Comment

Excited for those 6 programs? lol He’s content with just sitting back and taking his paycheck. All you people who have hoped for BE possibilities should be happy. It’s pretty apparent this genius is content with Rice and Florida Atlantic being our brothern in athletics and won’t even place a phone call to Big East headquarters.

Seriously how is he still employed?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think it’s time we go full KU and start looking for dead hookers Boatright’s closet lol

Comment

Yep. Dude is a total joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
              As long as I'm here that will not something that we look too deeply into. Now, if we have a presidential change and they would like to look at football, I'm probably not the right guy for this job. Just because I don't believe in it."
              I bet you believe in hamburgers though you jelly belly twit.

Of course you're not the right person for the job (who admits that lol).

Oh Dr. Bardo, I so long for thee.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                My prediction:

Only prediction...
                He said what you would expect someone to say in his position. Though i think the comment about he'd quit before working with a University President that wants football is a little much.

That said .. if he's actually doing what he says here and is just sitting and not looking at options for us, he should be fired yesterday. That's how you get left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He said what you would expect someone to say in his position. Though i think the comment about he'd quit before working with a University President that wants football is a little much.

That said .. if he's actually doing what he says here and is just sitting and not looking at options for us, he should be fired yesterday. That's how you get left behind.
                  Your first sentence is the key. It's all he can say.

There are only two schools in the "new" AAC who's AD can say anything different: Memphis and SMU.

Comment

Reads like he is not an open minded kind of guy… for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      Reads like he is not an open minded kind of guy… for anything.
                      He has no mandate. He filled a vacant spot and was asked to do one thing; keep his hand on the wheel and keep the program in the center of the road.

He is not a wartime consigliere. The waters he's attempting to negotiate are way out of his league. He's a ****ing clerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        Boatright interviewed on KGSO this a.m. (Paraphrases unless quote marks are used.)

On realignment: We're happy where we are. We don't have the concern of our conference imploding. I can't say that's where we were a couple of weeks ago.
                        I'm actually okay with this part. We're still in the best place we can be all things considered.

On the six adds: We're excited. They provide stability. If another school were to leave it wouldn't impact us that much. Some programs are on the rise. Some are already performing well.
                        What else can he say here? And with that said, he's not totally wrong.

On football: We're not interested in doing that. That's not something that we believe would be successful here and it's cost-prohibitive anyway. ... "When the elephant comes into the room you've gotta feed it. ... As long as I'm here that will not something that we look too deeply into. Now, if we have a presidential change and they would like to look at football, I'm probably not the right guy for this job. Just because I don't believe in it."
                        This one doesn't surprise me considering what we know of him. He'd have been a perfect just do the bare minimum to keep things going AD under Dr. Beggs.

On basketball: I like our talent level. I like our experience coming back. We've got really really good leadership. I look for them to get off to a fast start. Las Vegas will give us an idea of what the ceiling is.
                        I don't really care what his opinion is on the talent level of any of our programs. He has jack **** to do with any of it.

On the basketball crowd: Hopefully the return to full capacity crowds will give us budgetary flexibility in years to come.

(interview starts at the 2 hr 40 minute mark)
                        I'm going to guess that the new mask policy is going to prevent capacity crowds, along with the horrendous home non-con schedule.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I'm going to guess that the new mask policy is going to prevent capacity crowds, along with the horrendous home non-con schedule.
                          I am not anticipating capacity crowds and while the mask policy may be a factor it isn't in and of itself the only factor. The WSU fan base inlcudes a good portion of senior citizens who are probably a bit more hesitant to be in a large crowd, especially in an indoor setting where transmission of Covid is at its highest. The mask policy itself conveys a sense of well being.

Also many fans have gotten out of the routine of attending games in person and no doubt some have concluded that watching a game from the comfort of their own home, with their favorite food, snack or beverage at a fraction of concession stand prices and without waiing in line, and thereby bypassing having to deal with the weather, parking and traffic hassles is a perfectly acceptable alternative.

The mask policy will probably has some impact on those of us who find it uncortable to wear masks for more than about 30 minutes and who don't particular like the idea of recycling our lung waste any more than we have to. Maybe the mask policy will be the a step too far for some but in many cases, perhaps most, it just another reason to add to the list of reasons why some fans have already decided to follow the teams from afar.

I bought volleyball season tickets this year just to support the team. But I haven't and won't attend a match in person and the mask mandate has not been in place until today. Not for sure how the attendance at volleyball matches has been so far this year as WSU does't provided real attendance numbers but from what little I can see on the ESPN+ video streams it looks like actual attendance probably has been down.

That said I hope the Shocks at least draw decent crowds for their games. It will be interesting to see if the mask wearing has any significant impact on the noise level in the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I bet you believe in hamburgers though you jelly belly twit.

Of course you're not the right person for the job (who admits that lol).

Oh Dr. Bardo, I so long for thee.
                            So he could hire him again?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The mask policy itself conveys a sense of well being.
                              If wearing a mask gives you a sense of well being then you are not following the science or logic. It does not help much, if any.

Comment

Working...
                              X