WSU v. Bradley Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU v. Bradley Post Game Comments

1. Listening to Coach Marshall on the post game show, one might never know the Shockers won.

2. Who on this esteemed forum would have predicted that Graham Hatch would have twice as many minutes as JT Durley?

3. Shockers shot 71% from the 2 point range. Pretty damn good.

4. Out rebounding the Braves by 16!

5. Too many fouls - 21

6. Turnovers - 25. It doesn't seem possible. This must be the women's team stat.

7. All players, who scored, shot over 50%.

and Arbry's out the door next year as proof again in this game

Comment

I believe Arbry and Brett where the only ones not to play tonight.

PJ played great in the second half.

Gal played well tonight even though he missed three FTs :)

JT got benched after he gave up the easy basket on the in-bounds. He's gotta get his head right.

Griz still needs to be more aggressive.

Aaron needs to be more confident.

Hatch played well. He does have a sweet stroke.

Ramon was a warrior. I was surprised with his minutes and production.

Phil played well again. A few stupid mistakes but that happens.

Bret showed why he's a walk-on. I still think he could eventually be a Nick Rogers type that can fill in a few minutes when needed.

Matt looked good in a suit. Hope to see him in it on the sidelines next year.

Wendell did fairly well. Some stupid mistakes like the pointless foul 30 feet from the basket.

Lance got in. Briefly. Because of that he gets mentioned here.

A great 2nd half effort. They need to play that way every game if they want to win. I just don't get these guys sometimes....
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nice summary sub.

Tonight I uttered a phrase I thought would never pass my lips, "Man, I'm glad to see Wendell back in there..."

A tale of two halves. It was the best of the times; it was the worst of times.

PJ looked like POY in the second half. Clemente was amazing. Gal showed he can be a dangerous, under control, leader.

Nice.
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

PJ's contrasting halves is the reason why his play is so frustrating this season. Why he can't play to his potential more consistently is beyond me.

Comment

all i gotta say about this one is "YESSSSSSSSSSSS" this feels real good!
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
              PJ's contrasting halves is the reason why his play is so frustrating this season. Why he can't play to his potential more consistently is beyond me.
              We have had one game with two well played halves. As long as we do it on the 12th.

We all know that the season means relatively little and it is all about the Mo Valley tourney. That said, I want to beat Creighton. That game does mean something.

Comment

I just looked at the box score. I know Phil had some turnovers but seven (7) turnovers?? Wow!!

The only Shocker player without a turnover was Lance Harris!!
                Phil 7
                PJ 4
                Gal 3
                Mantas, Graham, Bret and JT 2
                WP, AE & RC 1
                LH 0
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The Shocks are inconsistent and that is all there is to it. They are going to win games they probably shouldn't win and also the reverse. So get ready for an up and down ride. In fact, as they showed tonight, we don't even know which team is going to come out of the locker room in each half.

Comment

I hate, hate, hate that we are now a predominantly zone team defensively. Not that that might not be what's best for our team, I trust the coach on that, but I just can't stand when the team I'm rooting for is always in a zone. Every trip down you live in fear of the three crisp passes followed by a wide open three. How many times did that happen last night. I'd say 10 or more, and they connected on a large percentage of them. The few trips down we played man, I find myself relaxing and thinking, 'thank god, maybe they won't get a wide freaking open three point attempt this trip'. I suppose are deficits in man-to-man, i.e. guards who have trouble stopping penetration and lack of height inside out way the benefit of playing man, but I still hate it!

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                      I hate, hate, hate that we are now a predominantly zone team defensively. Not that that might not be what's best for our team, I trust the coach on that, but I just can't stand when the team I'm rooting for is always in a zone. Every trip down you live in fear of the three crisp passes followed by a wide open three. How many times did that happen last night. I'd say 10 or more, and they connected on a large percentage of them. The few trips down we played man, I find myself relaxing and thinking, 'thank god, maybe they won't get a wide freaking open three point attempt this trip'. I suppose are deficits in man-to-man, i.e. guards who have trouble stopping penetration and lack of height inside out way the benefit of playing man, but I still hate it!
                      Yes, but you have to take into consideration that the zone worshipers are happy.

Comment

Funny, because some games earlier this year people complained that we played almost all man and little to no zone. I think it just depends on what the staff thinks of the team we're playing and the personnel he has to work with.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

LIke I said, I have total confidence that the coaching staff will choose the defensive game plan that will give us the best chance to win on a given night. I'm just sayin', I hate watching my team play zone. It is not an agressive style, and you live in constant fear of the unconstested three ball, which personally, drives me crazy.

Comment

The fear is realized when a defender foolishly sags down into the paint when you have a great 3-ball shooter like Crouch camped out right on the 3-pt line. Why would a player do that, Aaron Ellis?

Comment

He was likely asked that question as he sat back down...
                              Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                              X