No announcement yet.

WSU v. Bradley Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a big complaint of mine last year, too. Why in the world do we sag down and double team some atrocious 2.6 points per game type of guy and leave dead eye shooters like Crouch wide open. That will never, ever cease to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
      I hate, hate, hate that we are now a predominantly zone team defensively. Not that that might not be what's best for our team, I trust the coach on that, but I just can't stand when the team I'm rooting for is always in a zone. Every trip down you live in fear of the three crisp passes followed by a wide open three. How many times did that happen last night. I'd say 10 or more, and they connected on a large percentage of them. The few trips down we played man, I find myself relaxing and thinking, 'thank god, maybe they won't get a wide freaking open three point attempt this trip'. I suppose are deficits in man-to-man, i.e. guards who have trouble stopping penetration and lack of height inside out way the benefit of playing man, but I still hate it!
      I want whatever works. Against SIU, I want us to play a lot of zone!!! I want us to beat the ugly dogs!!!!!
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
        I hate, hate, hate that we are now a predominantly zone team defensively. Not that that might not be what's best for our team, I trust the coach on that, but I just can't stand when the team I'm rooting for is always in a zone. Every trip down you live in fear of the three crisp passes followed by a wide open three. How many times did that happen last night. I'd say 10 or more, and they connected on a large percentage of them. The few trips down we played man, I find myself relaxing and thinking, 'thank god, maybe they won't get a wide freaking open three point attempt this trip'. I suppose are deficits in man-to-man, i.e. guards who have trouble stopping penetration and lack of height inside out way the benefit of playing man, but I still hate it!
        I want whatever works. Against SIU, I want us to play a lot of zone!!! I want us to beat the ugly dogs!!!!!

One of the many great things about this staff is their ability to BE WILLING to adjust to not only the other team's strengths and weaknesses but also their own. Yes, you are going to give up some open looks in a zone but we are getting better and better at every game.

And please be aware and understand that a passive zone is in no way, shape or form the kind of defense that this staff will be implementing in the future.

Valley, beware.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          One of the many great things about this staff is their ability to BE WILLING to adjust to not only the other team's strengths and weaknesses but also their own.
          I've noticed. Ain't it grand! :good:
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

With guys playing 30+ minutes a game and still pressing you're going to see a lot more zone. The other good thing is that we press and drop into zone on makes and play man on misses for the most part. So if we're playing a lot of zone that's a good thing...

Comment

I'm surprised anyone is complaining about the D.

Comment

I have a quick question: I was told by a reliable "source" that Bradley's coach was laughing at WSU players in the first half. He told me it happened after a really bad turnover.

Just curious – is this true? Did anyone else notice this?

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                  I have a quick question: I was told by a reliable "source" that Bradley's coach was laughing at WSU players in the first half. He told me it happened after a really bad turnover.

I can't speak about Les, but I know when their radio guys were "off the air" (but were still going out over the internet video feed), they were laughing and talking about how bad we were during the first half. They made a lot of comments about how many more people BU had that could score, which is funny because we had 8 players score and they only played 8, and 7 of them scored. Their "off the air" tone was much different in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker

I can't speak about Les, but I know when their radio guys were "off the air" (but were still going out over the internet video feed), they were laughing and talking about how bad we were during the first half. They made a lot of comments about how many more people BU had that could score, which is funny because we had 8 players score and they only played 8, and 7 of them scored. Their "off the air" tone was much different in the second half.
                    That is "interesting" but my friend was talking about something different.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker

I did see Les laughing at something, but do not remember the situation. I do remember thinking at the time I saw this that it was strange and out-of-the-ordinary. I do not recall the play, however.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Was it when Hatch lost the ball and 2 seconds later fouled trying to get it back?

It kind of summed up how pathetic the first half was.

Comment

I saw it also, and cannot remember the context.

Comment

I cannot give much context because I am getting this second hand. My friend sent me a text message about it on Sunday when I asked for an explanation all he wrote was it happened after a bad turnover in the first half. My buddy was not amused.

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed. If it did happen, Les got what he deserved in the second half.

Comment

Hatch or one of our players actually dove into the Bradley bench going for a loose ball that was from an errant pass.

The camera showed Les laughing it up which I would have done in the same situation.

And further more if he was laughing at our play in the first half can you blame him?

Comment

I don't know, but Les always seems to have a weird little smirk on his face.

Comment

Working...
                                X