Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Shocker Madness (Thoughts, Analysis, & Impressions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    No more than 500-600 in attendance.
    Embarrassing
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

MU not playing any minutes.

Comment

Over. Hard to tell much. Not much defense. Very much an exhibition. I can see why XHCGM always disliked this event.

Comment

They should change the name of this from madness to “not really very upset”.
          Last edited by Singeril; October 12, 2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Were masks required for the crowd? Just trying to gauge what we have to look forward to this season.

Comment

No more than 500-600 in attendance.
              Covid hit the fan base. They were advertising Season tickets. It will be interesting how many come to the first game. But the question may be whether there will be more K State fans at IBA. Shocker fans may have a Covid hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                Were masks required for the crowd? Just trying to gauge what we have to look forward to this season.
                A limited number of full body hazmat suits were provided at the door for those who didn’t bring them. Once those ran out any attendees without were turned away.

Comment

My takeaways: team is extremely athletic and we have some scorers. If they can play defense and rebound and get decent point guard play, the skies the limit. I liked Pohto. Not sure about his motor.

Comment

Not worth the gas it took to get there. 10 minutes of street ball wasn't what I was looking forward to.I'd say there were 2,500 to 3,000.

Dennis showed some moves to the hoop. Pohto is going to be matchup problem with his shooting range. He had one nice move to the basket. Good coordination for a guy his size and age.

Women had no offense. Men played no defense. Every once in a while they played some half court D, but pretty much no effort at all to stop transition buckets.

Porter appeared to be "present". That's about all I saw out of him. Council is going to be hard to keep off the court. Etienne pretty much let everybody else do their thing instead of him showing what he could do. Looks like Jackson worked on his shot from 3. He seemed to be hitting pretty well from deep in warmups and in what there was of a scrimmage. Ricks and Jenkins look likely to take over some deep spots on the sideline chairs.

If what we saw tonight is any indication of what we're going to see during the season, there's going to be lots of guys going to the basket with the ball. Impossible to tell anything about rebounding improvement. Grant looked like he belonged on the court with the veterans.
                    Last edited by WuTheOne; October 12, 2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      Sign on the door said masks are encouraged in the facility. I wore one. I don't trust crowds. I saw 5 other people wearing masks. Hell, I may wear a mask in public all winter. I'd sooner wear a mask than catch a cold. Plus, I don't have to shave as often or as well if I wear a mask.

Comment

Anybody know how many season tickets have been sold?

Comment

Biggest surprise of the evening so far is how many of the women are from overseas. Probably over half the team.
                          A trademark of HCKA teams is a heavy dose of foreign players and she always use her full alotment of 15 scholarships. AHC Ewa Laskowska is from Poland and I think does most of that recruiting. So far I have to say the results of that approach have been underwhelming.

Previously Jody Adams generally carried a roster of 11 to 12 players with very little, if any, foreign recruits. She told me once it was just too hard to keep 15 players happy.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            I laid an egg and forgot about it. Have never been a big fan of the concept. Forgive me.
                            I wonder if it is worth it. One of the reasons the coaches dislike it is that it counts against their weekly practive time limit.

Comment

Been going to these for several years now and this team looks legit. We have some scorers. I agree, defence wasn't exactly high level but this team is extremely athletic.

RCIV appears to have taken the next step. Remember all those crazy dunks he had in high school? Taylor needs to put SC top 10 on speed dial.

Abidde will cause Cold to invest in Kleenex. He's going to be damn fun to watch.

Photo can flat out shoot. I have no idea how teams will defend a pick with him and ET. But his motor is a bit suspect. We know that Monzy is super energetic. Well, Pohto appears to be the opposite. Hope I'm wrong.

TE spent his time on the floor racking up his assist numbers. Did he even take a shot?

This might just be a special year. Hell, being back inside the Roundhouse without a mask with 10,506 of my closest friends will make it a special year. Can't wait!

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                                Anybody know how many season tickets have been sold?
                                We bought ours. Hopefully we'll be in Wichita sometime when we can pick them up, cause they will no longer mail them out...........sigh

Comment

Working...
                                X