Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Shocker Madness (Thoughts, Analysis, & Impressions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

I hate to break it to you, but if this forum is too liberal for you I'm not sure there is much left that you will find to your liking. Maybe a couple small towns in Oklahoma.

On topic, the only thing I ever hope to get out of this event is overly enthusiastic posts from forum members. I'm not even being sarcastic. I'm happy for any basketball excitement a handful of weeks before the season starts.
    I am struggling trying to get excited about MBB. Hope that improves

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

It is going to be a great year. I kept my season tickets last year and got to see 6 games in person. I’m ready for a jumping roundhouse again. We have some really good non conference games away from home. Our team needs to win and get back in the top 25. I’m going to Vegas and plan on some other road games. I wish the at Tulsa game was on a Saturday. It has been fun when Shocker Nation took over their arena. I’m ready!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

DUDE!

Comment

We've got some good athletes this year. If the pandemic stays away, I would suspect the RoundHouse will be rockin' more and more as the year goes on. There's just a lot of people still holding their breath as we enter the flu season. Don't get dismayed if attendance is light at first. Eventually we'll be back to normal again.

Comment

The roundhouse will be rocking again this year, especially so if the team lives up to its potential. Anyone who was at the Aftershocks this summer knows what I’m talking about.

Comment

Jalen Ricks looks pretty legit. He’s young so it might not happen until later, if at all, this year but he’s got length, athleticism and can shoot the ball. If he can get up to speed defensively it would be a shame if the staff doesn’t find a way to use his talents even if only for a few minutes a game.

Comment

I thought the MBB team gave the fans what they wanted. Lots of athleticism and scoring. Defense and rebounding is for practice and games. Quick outlet passes to score before the other team can set up its defense seems like a good idea after watching the last two years struggling to score in the half court. More possessions per game, perhaps more points is an interesting concept. I'm sure the defense will still be there with this teams ability/pride in playing defense. So in all I'm not worried yet. It was just a venue to let the boys run and gun. Who wants to see 10 minutes of lockdown defense and a score of 8-10 in an inter squad match up? Go Shocks

Comment

PS The attendance was abysmal and and especially so with so few students showing up.

Comment

Working...
                  X