Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Shocker Madness (Thoughts, Analysis, & Impressions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope for some good reports as I don't think I'm going to be able to make it tonight.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not so. I know Darryl Smith had a good year and went to the WNIT. Jody Adams had several 1st place finishes. Believe it not, I believe the women have finished in 5th most of the last 4-5 years.
      I was referring to Keitha Adams era in the American. But, I'm realty still excited about Darryl Smith's best team.

If our women's team finished 5th in the American, count me surprised. It seems like every time I get interested enough to pay attention, they are in a beat down. I had low expectations against UCONN but I thought we'd be better by now. I'm sure this is our year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I was referring to Keitha Adams era in the American. But, I'm realty still excited about Darryl Smith's best team.

If our women's team finished 5th in the American, count me surprised. It seems like every time I get interested enough to pay attention, they are in a beat down. I had low expectations against UCONN but I thought we'd be better by now. I'm sure this is our year.

I, too, am hoping for better results from Keitha (particularly given her salary). Nevertheless....

Keitha Adams 2019-20 5th tied
        Keitha Adams 2017-18 5th

and for the women's program before:

J Adams/Hargrove 2016-17 5th
        Jody Adams 2014-15 1st
        Jody Adams 2013-14 1st tied
        Jody Adams 2012-13 1st tied
        Jody Adams 2011-12 3rd
        Jody Adams 2010-11 5th with 2 WNITs and 3 NCAAs
        Darryl Smith had three 5th and one 2nd with 2 WNITs

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The Shocker Women basketball team have finished as follows during their time in the AAC:
          2017-18: Tie for 5th (9-7, 14-17)
          2018-19: 4-Way Tie for 9th/last (5-11, 12-18)
          2019-20: 3-Way Tie For 6th (7-9, 16-15)
          2020-21: 9th (2-9, 6-12)

Record: 23-36 in AAC Play and 48-62 Overall

The 2017-18 team was HCKA's first year with a team of mostly seniors she inherited from Jody Adams. The core of that team consisted of 8 seniors, including 3 that were 5th year seniors). The four freshman recruited by HCKA on that team were Alysia Faye, Asia Henderson, Fanny Hakansan and Khady Sene. Hakansan and Sene were only here 1 years and were non-factors. Faye transferred to Charleston Southern and sat out the 2019-20 season. Last year Faye started all 21 games for a 6-17 CSU team averaging 12 points and 7 rebounds per game. Henderson redshirted her freshman year and was a reserve center the next two seasons and sat out last year with an injury. Herderson, who is a NC native, transferred to UNC-Wilmington after last year.

This years roster has 5 true freshman, 2 second year freshman, 1 third year sophomore, 1 junior (?), 4 fourth year juniors, and 2 fifth year seniors.

If HCKA can't get it done this year and next with this experienced team then she may not get it done. It's not like the AAC is a powerhouse women's conference especially without UConn. Last year the AAC ranked 8th as conference in the NET rankings behind the Valley who was 7th. In RPI the AAC ranked 13th last year behind the CAA, the WCC, the MWC, the MVC, CUSA and the MAC. The bottom 6 teams in the AAC were 31-77 overall last year.

But it isn't only about winning. It is also about putting a semi-entertaining product on the floor that fans will enjoy watching. I think Shocker volleyball does that. Shocker softball does that. Women's basketball not so much lately.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...qywMVkrgA&s=19
                Interesting that the Shocker women are going with their power forward, Asia Strong, as one of their 3 point contestants. Asia was 2nd on the team last year hitting 34.5% on 19-55 behind Carla's 37.2% on 32-86.

It will be an upset if anyone not named Tyson wins the 3-point contest not to mention a good sign.

The dunk contest could well be a 4-way tie with the only loser being the rim.

Comment

Comment

Is the scrimmage only 10 minutes I’ve heard?
                    The Assman

Comment

Somebody blog on what’s happening for those of us that can’t make it. Go SHOX!!

Comment

Just starting 3 point competition-women first. Biggest surprise of the evening so far is how many of the women are from overseas. Probably over half the team. Guys got their rings. Sparse crowd. Weather scaring people?

Comment

Sparse is being kind.

Comment

Pohto wins first semi
                            Last edited by Singeril; October 12, 2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Sparse is being kind.
                              Indeed. Trying to be charitable. It’s actually very disappointing.

Comment

Pohto wins. Nice stroke and one good bomb.

Comment

Working...
                                X