No announcement yet.

Gal Mekel player of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been one of Gal biggest supporters since he has been here. But i will admit he looked extra comfortable out there tonight than he did on Tuesday
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
      WHERE YOU AT SHOCKERFEVER?????

u got plenty of time to drop like 15 posts ripping on gal but cant say anything here!?
      DUDE... Don't go there, please...
      If he won't let it go, we shouldn't either! I want to know his answer for this. Please don't pull a DawgieStyle on us...

If you posted or read on ValleyTalk last year you'll know what I'm getting at...
      Who is Ryan Clemente?

Comment

I know we lost the game against Ill. st and gal didnt score very much but i think that game could be the turning point of his career. He said that all we was focused on in that game was taking care of the basketball and getting the team into the offense. No flashy stuff. Last night he said he was going to look to be more assertive and he was but he also left out the flashy stuff except for one moment when he needed it and it was a sweet play. I think this is what he is capable of. Hopefully he continues to protect the ball and force the issue at the same time!

Comment

With Gal, and many times with other players, it is a

Structure vs. Style issue, CGM wants him structured, but he has to allow Gal
          his style of playing too.

Those individual 'moves' a player has, are the very thing that allow a player to be effective in a game, another example is PJ.

Comment

Let it go people. Gal deserved some criticism. Last night he played well and showed what we all think he can be and do. Even Fever has said that. But some of you just want to focus on a couple of comments and not the entire context of what he said. I don't agree with everything he said but he had some valid points.

If Gal continues to play within himself and stops trying to be the Euro Guard he'll do well. But he does have relapses and tries to do things that work for him in Europe that won't here. Once he learns all this and can be consistent we'll see more games like last night and less like Tuesday.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

u got plenty of time to drop like 15 posts ripping on gal but cant say anything here!?
              Shockerfever a ghost now, the only time he wants to post is when its something negative about the team or players
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Sub: I mostly agree with your post but I have a problem with the "Euro Guard" comment. I'm not sure what a "Euro Guard" is. If it represents the type of play that has for years defeated the USA in Olympic basketball and in many other international basketball competitions (e.g. good outside shooting, good passing, not a fixation with dunks and interior play (e.g. losing USA MBB teams), etc.), then I want more "Euro Players." Dirk looks like a good player to me.

WTF does your term mean? Should we complain if Aaron is a "South Guard" (whatever this might mean)? If Gal makes a pass that is picked off, this is a bad play no matter what you call it. If Gal makes a tough pass to Matt or PJ that results in an easy score, I call this great. If Gal makes the same great pass to Phil but he can't hold onto the ball, then I have mixed opinions: (i) it is Gal's fault for not realizing that Phil has bad hands and it was a bad pass, unlike Joe Montana who could throw hard passes and soft passes depending, in part, on the ability to catch passes of the receiver he was throwing to; (ii) it was still a great pass and we should put players on the floor who can hold onto the ball. In the end, I don't want Gal to throw the ball away but I do want him to keep making tough passes that result in dunks, layups, open three point shots, etc. I don't want the players around him to be unable to handle the ball when a great pass comes their way.

My Conclusion: Gal needs to continue to play with flair without making passes that can be intercepted. (His passes are being picked off at times now and this is bad.) The players he passes to need to have the ability to catch a good pass and make a play or score.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I seem to remember saying, "D***it, Paul" quite a few times during Miller's sophomore season, and he ended up being the bedrock of the Sweet 16 run.

I'm hoping that's the general direction we're headed with Gal; he's making mistakes, but figuring things out and getting better in the process. Last night he looked very much "in" the system, while still making his type of plays (e.g.: the back-door to Cooz).

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

Shockerfever a ghost now, the only time he wants to post is when its something negative about the team or players
                    Thats how you tell the difference between a real fan and troll.

The troll will only be here when they can rip on somebody (and get others worked up). A fan is there taking the good with the bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Originally posted by newshock1234

Thats how you tell the difference between a real fan and troll.

The troll will only be here when they can rip on somebody (and get others worked up). A fan is there taking the good with the bad.
                      I was unable to watch the game last night because of work. You'll notice a trend this year of me not being able to post on Saturday nights win or lose. So please, please don't go there.

Gal had a great game. All I want is consistency. Again I can't comment too much because I was unable to watch the game and I forgot to tape it.

A troll? You're beyond weak.

I will be here Tuesday night no matter what happens.

I guess I shoulda just went home "sick" at work so I could come on Shockernet and not look like a "ghost". Silly me.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Busy with your momma.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It was more a referrence to the fact that he can't get away with the same things over here sometimes. I don't know all there is to know about Euro play, but I get the feeling that D1 guards over here are quicker for the most part and he gets himself into trouble a lot of times when he tries to do you much one on one. I get the feeling he was able to do that whenever he wanted before he got to WSU and even over the summer playing for his country. It basically all comes down to playing within himself and to stop trying to do too much or things that he just can't do against guys quicker than he is. I just tried to sum it up with the term Euro Gaurd. Maybe that was a bad choice.....
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Its good to see Gal step up! I think he will just get better and better. Matt going down maybe has lit a fire!

:posterwu: 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I totally missed the Illinois State game, but Gal played great last night...

It may be that it took a couple of complete games at the point for Gal to really figure out what is required of him at the point. We'll see, but I agree with others, when Gal stays under control and plays the way GM wants, he definitely does a better job matching his potential with performance.

He put down 19 points in a very controlled low key manner, scoring in a variety of ways. The team desperately needs him to bottle that performance and burn it into his brain.

Great job Gal!

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                                It was more a referrence to the fact that he can't get away with the same things over here sometimes. I don't know all there is to know about Euro play, but I get the feeling that D1 guards over here are quicker for the most part and he gets himself into trouble a lot of times when he tries to do you much one on one. I get the feeling he was able to do that whenever he wanted before he got to WSU and even over the summer playing for his country. It basically all comes down to playing within himself and to stop trying to do too much or things that he just can't do against guys quicker than he is. I just tried to sum it up with the term Euro Gaurd. Maybe that was a bad choice.....
                                My issue with your term "Euro Guard" is that it sounds like you are judging Gal on the basis of where he is from rather than on the basis of his performance. I could give you examples of such descriptions which I suspect would offend you. I would prefer that we evaluate Gal as a person and a player rather than use stereotypes. I also think Gal has some good games and some bad games left; I hope the good games outnumber the bad games. Feel free to point out his errors (and his accomplishments) if you wish.

"Maybe that was a bad choice....." Who am I to disagree with you? ;-) :D
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X