No announcement yet.

Games of Interest - February 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible foul call on Cincy. The Louisville player simply was out of control and slipped.

Comment

Cincy, like Iowa, hangs on for dear life and gets the win over Louisville 60 - 56.

Comment

Due to Wisc and Louisville's losses being on the road to teams that didn't have horrible league records (especially Cinci), it will be interesting to see how much, if any, they fall in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Cincy, like Iowa, hangs on for dear life and gets the win over Louisville 60 - 56.
          If we win on Saturday, top 15? 15,16,17, and 18 all lost this week.
          Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Due to Wisc and Louisville's losses being on the road to teams that didn't have horrible league records (especially Cinci), it will be interesting to see how much, if any, they fall in the rankings.
            Wisconsin losing on the road to Iowa was worse than WSU losing to Drake. Probably right about Louisville, but they were favor to win.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              #20 Indiana lost at Iowa this past Sunday and fell to #24.

Comment

Colorado laying an ostrich sized egg at home tonight. They trail Stanford 20-40 at the half.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                  If we win on Saturday, top 15? 15,16,17, and 18 all lost this week.
                  Yes, that is what I was thinking. 15 (Florida State), 16 (Wisconsin), 17 (Louisville), and 18 (New Mexico) in the AP poll all lost since the poll came out on Monday. We are at 19. If we win on Saturday, we could move up to at least 15 in next Monday's AP poll. Florida State and Wisconsin are going to fall a few spots. They each have 8 losses now. Our 25-4 record looks good against some of these teams ahead of us in the poll that have 6, 7, or 8 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                    Yes, that is what I was thinking. 15 (Florida State), 16 (Wisconsin), 17 (Louisville), and 18 (New Mexico) in the AP poll all lost since the poll came out on Monday. We are at 19. If we win on Saturday, we could move up to at least 15 in next Monday's AP poll. Florida State and Wisconsin are going to fall a few spots. They each have 8 losses now. Our 25-4 record looks good against some of these teams ahead of us in the poll that have 6, 7, or 8 losses.
                    Since Florida State's loss was to #4 Duke we may not pass them ASSUMING we win Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Since Florida State's loss was to #4 Duke we may not pass them ASSUMING we win Saturday.
                      That's possible. Wisconsin also plays at Ohio State on Sunday, which if Wisconsin wins they would stay where they are or move up. And then there's Notre Dame, which even though they have 8 losses, might be ranked ahead of us on Monday even if we do win.

Comment

Isn't it wonderful to be rooting for bubble teams to beat top 15 teams?!?! Completely opposite of what we are normally doing this time of year. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock View Post
                          I don't get it. Does every fanbase of a team who beats a top 25 team rush the floor? Iowa didn't make a FG in the final 7:29... not really rush the floor type of play...
                          As bad as Iowa has been for the last five seasons, just about any win demands rushing the court.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                          X