#17 Louisville 56 - @ Cincinatti 60
    #23 St. Mary's 70 @ Portland 43

Other Games:
    Alabama 79 - @ Arkansas 68
    Elon 45 - @ Davidson 66
    Charleston Southern 81 - @ VMI 90
    Stanford 74
    - @ Colorado 50
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 23, 2012, 11:31 PM.

#4 Duke up at #16 Florida State 23-15 with 9:00 minutes remaining in the 1st half. I wouldn't think a loss here would do much damage, if any, to FSU's ranking and RPI.

Comment

Go Iowa and Cincy! And I always root for Coop, so go Tenn. State too!

Comment

Murray State - Tennessee State should be good.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          #4 Duke up at #16 Florida State 23-15 with 9:00 minutes remaining in the 1st half. I wouldn't think a loss here would do much damage, if any, to FSU's ranking and RPI.
          Duke 39-32 at the half.

It's possible FSU might fall a position or two if they lose. I'm not sure they'd trade places with WSU. They've been extremely hit and miss, though, and I don't think they deserve the ranking.

Duke's just raining three's so far, thanks to Hawkins going 5-7 off the bench for 18.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Am I correct in thinking we should root for teams that are in the 10-25 portion of the Top 25 to lose given they are our likely competitors for 4 seeds and above? thoughts?

If so, we need Florida St to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
              Am I correct in thinking we should root for teams that are in the 10-25 portion of the Top 25 to lose given they are our likely competitors for 4 seeds and above? thoughts?

If so, we need Florida St to lose.
              Jerk.

But yes.

FSU doesn't need much help losing this one. I don't think there's any team in the country that can beat Duke if they're shooting 50% from 3, and having three out of every five shots be from three.

*Edit: If they weren't already ridiculous enough, Duke starts off the second half 4-5 from 3. About 55% from the three tonight, but 33% for two. Duke 53 - FSU 45

*Edit #2: Austin Rivers looked hurt and Duke went cold. 0-3 from three in a 4:30 scoreless streak. FSU got it within 3 and now trail by 4 with 5:30 left to play. If they weren't shooting under 60% from the line, they could actually win this. So many missed free throws from both teams.
              Last edited by Rlh04d; February 23, 2012, 07:54 PM.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Alabama picks up a nice 79-68 road win over Arkansas. Crimson Tide still playing without Green and Mitchell. Makes you wonder if they are done at Alabama.

Comment

Alabama picks up a nice 79-68 road win over Arkansas. Crimson Tide still playing without Green and Mitchell. Makes you wonder if they are done at Alabama.
                  Green has been reinstated to practice. Mitchell is suspended for the season.

Comment

Iowa trying to pull an Evansville against Wisconsin. Took the air out of the ball too early and let a double digit lead all but disappear. Now lead 63-61 with 20 seconds left. Iowa has not scored in the last 7:00 minutes.

2 big free throws for Iowa puts them up 65-61 with 18.7 seconds remaining.

Wisconsin misses the front end of a one and one and the Iowa does the same thing on the other end. 9 seconds left.

Iowa holds on to win 67-66. Whew!
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 23, 2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I don't get it. Does every fanbase of a team who beats a top 25 team rush the floor? Iowa didn't make a FG in the final 7:29... not really rush the floor type of play...

Comment

#17 Louisville in trouble at Cincinnati with a little over 3 to play.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Cincy leading Louisville 56-47 with 4:00 minutes to play. Go Bearcats. Almost like an old-time Valley of Death game.

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock View Post
                            I don't get it. Does every fanbase of a team who beats a top 25 team rush the floor? Iowa didn't make a FG in the final 7:29... not really rush the floor type of play...
                            And it's not like they were getting a lot of points at the line either. They only scored 4 points from the line and those were in the last 20 seconds of the game. But that was exactly how many they needed to win the game.

Comment

And it's not like they were getting a lot of points at the line either. They only scored 4 points from the line and those were in the last 20 seconds of the game. But that was exactly how many they needed to win the game.
                              Yea that's true. Anybody think Cinci fans will rush the floor if they hold on?

Comment

Working...
                              X