Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Black and Yellow is at the Train Station: Next Stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black and Yellow is at the Train Station: Next Stop?

WuShock and his Locomotive.jpg

So where do you see WuShock's future in the next three years, or could it even be sooner?
    A Train Wreck is a Coming: and WuShock is on it!
    5.26%
    Off the Tracks: will take time to find new route and destination
    2.63%
    Still at the Train Station: I don't have a clue when we're leaving and where we're heading
    31.58%
    Next Stop: the American Athletic is picking up a few new passengers
    34.21%
    A Great Adventure is Abound: This Land is My Land and its called the AAC - "ALL ABOARD!"
    26.32%

I think they should find a way to send this train out and bring all new recruits in on this train.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I think most are on board and looking forward to the adventure but every adventure has some surprises along the way.

Comment

Let's ditch the train altogether. We are a national aerospace research giant. We should by flying on spaceships.

Comment

Maybe I am being concerned about nothing, but how does our agreement with the American Conference read? Is it anyway dependent on what Navy does? Because we do not play football and Navy does not play Basketball, could we be dropped/voted out, if Navy left?

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Let's ditch the train altogether. We are a national aerospace research giant. We should by flying on spaceships.
            This takes care of both...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Something about Wu on the Bezos rocket might send the wrong message.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Was Wichita State’s Valley exit still worth it? - MidMajor Madness
                https://www.midmajormadness.com/2021...i-valley-mvcBy Greg Mitchell@gregpmitchell
                Sep 10, 2021, 9:26am PDT

"We love the Valley. And we miss the Shockers. But the answer is pretty clear.

Wichita State is showing that conference realignment can be like that old adage about the dog doing its business on the tree. Sometimes you’re the one making the moves, and sometimes you’re the one looking around picking up the pieces.

The Big 12’s imminent raid of Houston, Cincinnati and UCF from the AAC suddenly has the Shockers in a markedly different league than the one they joined just four seasons ago. But should the upcoming changes — whenever they may come — have WSU regretting its ambitious exit from the Missouri Valley?

The answer certainly has layers, but it’s probably no...."

Comment

Comment

A bad decision by President Armstrong turned us into a remora and all the big sharks are leaving our waters.
                    Last edited by wusphlash; September 11, 2021, 07:31 PM.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      Maybe I am being concerned about nothing, but how does our agreement with the American Conference read? Is it anyway dependent on what Navy does? Because we do not play football and Navy does not play Basketball, could we be dropped/voted out, if Navy left?
                      This is a great question, anybody got an answer?

Comment

I haven’t seen the exact wording, but my memory of what was said is that we equally share and participate in the monetary rewards (NCAA Tourney) in basketball only, and Navy football only. We also participate in Olympic sports while Navy doesn’t. We get an equal share of 40% of basketball television shares as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post

This is a great question, anybody got an answer?
                          Long answer: WSU is a full member of the AAC, just without football. Navy is an affiliate member, football only. While football drives the realignment bus, as far as conference membership, where a school's Olympic sports reside is considered their "home" conference. Navy is a member of the Patriot League, they just shack up with the American during football season.

Short answer: No, Navy's status does not impact us.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I wonder how many people watch Ted Lasso?

I think Jason Sudeikis should start a GoFundMe to bring back football at WSU.

He could name the field....Ted Lasso Field.

If we don't start football, it goes to the charity of his choosing.

Could he have 10 million fans?

$10 each. That's $100 million. Good seed money to convince others to give (and pass star bonds to build a stadium).

$500 gets your name on a brick in the new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              I haven’t seen the exact wording, but my memory of what was said is that we equally share and participate in the monetary rewards (NCAA Tourney) in basketball only, and Navy football only. We also participate in Olympic sports while Navy doesn’t. We get an equal share of 40% of basketball television shares as well.
                              Thanks Shockm

Comment

Working...
                              X