No announcement yet.

Cox 22 in HD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is mentioned elsewhere, forgive me.

Has anyone heard if KS22HD is going to be offered for future Shocker games, or was last night a one time thing? I know the Heights/East game is tonight.

An expression of gratitude to Cox (and I don't mean on this board), might help us get HD again, couldn't hurt.
    “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
    John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
      (jokingly thinking) I wonder if ESPN came up to WSU and was like, "Hey since you guys are a Top 25 team now, we need quality highlights to show on SportsCenter. The quality you currently have is not worthy of showing on air. It looks like NES Double Dribble"
      This is exactly what I was thinking. The game probably wasn't very far from some place that ESPN had HD cameras to loan out.

Comment

Just get an old box TV folks and 22 looks just dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Kudos to whoever made HD for 2022 a reality. It was very nice watching the game.
          The guy that sits beside me at the basketball games works for WSU and he had told me earlier this year that getting cox to broadcast in HD was part of the negotiation package that they were working on. It looks like cox decided to either test it early or take that part off the table during negotiations. I didn't want to throw it out there because lord knows how some of this crowd takes dissappointment. I agree with everyone else it made the whole production seem alot more upscale.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            This is exactly what I was thinking. The game probably wasn't very far from some place that ESPN had HD cameras to loan out.
            Darron Boatright was interviewed by “The Bruce” at half and they discussed the game being televised in HD. I’d have to listen again, but he mentioned the expense and challenge of televising in HD and then said the fans of a ‘top flight’ program deserved to watch game (s) in HD. I don’t believe it’s a one-time deal. I will be ‘shocked’ if this isn’t a permanent commitment by WSU and Cox… if not, I’ll be extremely pissed at both parties.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Cox HD 2022

The Wichita Heights, North High basketball game is being televised by Cox tonight on Channel 2022 in HD at 7:30 PM. I've got our DVR set to record the game on that channel.

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
                If this is mentioned elsewhere, forgive me.

Has anyone heard if KS22HD is going to be offered for future Shocker games, or was last night a one time thing? I know the Heights/East game is tonight.

An expression of gratitude to Cox (and I don't mean on this board), might help us get HD again, couldn't hurt.
                Cox channel 2022 is no longer listed in the Guide so I'm guessing it was a one time thing. They'll probably have it available again when there are Shocker games on KS 22.

Comment

Working...
                X