2020-21 Roster on GoShockers.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    Almost certainly a website thing. They don't have pages for the new players yet. Pages automatically populate the rosters. Probably putting the content together. The same team would be doing the WBB site. Can't work on them all at the same time.
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Somebody probably screwed up and deleted some players who have left the program, and those deletions fed into the 2020-2021 roster. Probably tried to delete them from the 2021-22 roster and did it wrong.
    Possibly (hopefully, probably with the men's basketball). However, it's been almost 4 months since I noticed this same thing with the volleyball team roster and there has been no "corrections". Their new roster is up sans pictures of new players.

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There are a ton of valid reasons why this could have happened... Almost none of those are petty. A lot depends on how the website data is structured. Most likely scenarios involve user error or technical glitch. Most unlikely is someone erasing our historical data out of spite.
    To be clear, all stats have not been changed, altered in either sport. I also find it hard to believe it is spite with HCIB, but, again, it's been 4 months and no correction on the 2020 volleyball roster.

Originally posted by wufan View Post

It happened last year too. Lasted less than a week. We will see if it’s the same this year. My guess was that they were doing some level of copy paste with the master data.
    I do hope you are correct. This is sort of a knee jerk reaction for me because of the volleyball roster page changes and that happened 4 months ago.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No doubt. Instead of A B C D they probably went D A C B. And probably the same person that did it last year D A C B.

And pictures for new players rarely if ever go up until picture day when players officially report for school. Every team should charge admission for fans to watch this, it's generally a lot of fun to see the kids hamming it up for the cameras. Volleyball could charge triple. Just sayin'.
    None of this has to do with current year rosters in either sport.

Comment

Since I brought it up, I want to clear the air regarding last year's roster changes on goshockers.com. I have found out that some of the coaches have asked for the roster "change" temporarily due to confusion by recruits who look at the previous roster during the recruiting period and question why they are being recruited when it appears they have so many players returning. This is a temporary situation with a roster. With the timing of some personnel changes, the repopulating of the volleyball roster got dropped and will be re-populated very soon and the men's basketball roster for last year should be repopulated in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Since I brought it up, I want to clear the air regarding last year's roster changes on goshockers.com. I have found out that some of the coaches have asked for the roster "change" temporarily due to confusion by recruits who look at the previous roster during the recruiting period and question why they are being recruited when it appears they have so many players returning. This is a temporary situation with a roster. With the timing of some personnel changes, the repopulating of the volleyball roster got dropped and will be re-populated very soon and the men's basketball roster for last year should be repopulated in the near future.
        That's somewhat reasonable basis for doing that. My question: Why not leave the prior year roster as is and put up a roster for the coming year with the players who will returning and pending the new additions for that year? Which is what WBB does. No repopulation step needed.

Comment

From looking at the roster the shockers website list both Craig Porter and Tyson E. at 6.2 in height. And Chauncey J. is listed at 6 4. Q Grant is not listed but they say he is 6 1. Man that 8s good size for guards.

Comment

Working...
          X