2020-21 Roster on GoShockers.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Roster on GoShockers.com

So why is the men's basketball roster on goshockers only showing 7 players for 2020-21 who also all happen to be current players this year? I first saw this kind of thing happening in the women's volleyball roster. Is WSU now acting like if a player does not stay with us, we go back and take them off last year's roster? They are in the stats, so show their d*mn picture and info on the roster.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    So why is the men's basketball roster on goshockers only showing 7 players for 2020-21 who also all happen to be current players this year? I first saw this kind of thing happening in the women's volleyball roster. Is WSU now acting like if a player does not stay with us, we go back and take them off last year's roster? They are in the stats, so show their d*mn picture and info on the roster.
    Is it an NIL thing?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Is it an NIL thing?
      The one's that all left the year before (2019-20) and still playing this year coming year are still shown on that roster.

Comment

You got me….

Comment

WBB doesn't do this. Last years roster is complete including 3 players who have left the program with eligibility remaining. They have put up a 2021-22 roster that inlcudes all the returning players plus the incoming recruits. However, at this point there are no photos of the incoming recruits but they do have brief bios.

Probably need to communicate with a programs DOBO for reasons why some do it like MBB and Volleyball vs the way WBB does it, which I think we all agree is preferable.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 31, 2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Almost certainly a website thing. They don't have pages for the new players yet. Pages automatically populate the rosters. Probably putting the content together. The same team would be doing the WBB site. Can't work on them all at the same time.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Almost certainly a website thing. They don't have pages for the new players yet. Pages automatically populate the rosters. Probably putting the content together. The same team would be doing the WBB site. Can't work on them all at the same time.
              How does that explain the dropping of players from the previous season rosters?

Volleyball has its 21-22 year roster up now with new players without photos, same as WBB. But they removed all the players who left the program at the end of the last spring with eligibility remaining from the 20-21 roster. They did keep the graduating players on that roster. The dropping of contributing players from the previous year is what most are not happy about. There may be a valid reason for that but it comes across as a somewhat petty.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 31, 2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

BFD

Comment

Somebody probably screwed up and deleted some players who have left the program, and those deletions fed into the 2020-2021 roster. Probably tried to delete them from the 2021-22 roster and did it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

How does that explain the dropping of players from the previous season rosters?

Volleyball has its 21-22 year roster up now with new players without photos, same as WBB. But they removed all the players who left the program at the end of the last spring with eligibility remaining from the 20-21 roster. They did keep the graduating players on that roster. The dropping of contributing players from the previous year is what most are not happy about. There may be a valid reason for that but it comes across as a somewhat petty.
                    There are a ton of valid reasons why this could have happened... Almost none of those are petty. A lot depends on how the website data is structured. Most likely scenarios involve user error or technical glitch. Most unlikely is someone erasing our historical data out of spite.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There are a ton of valid reasons why this could have happened... Almost none of those are petty. A lot depends on how the website data is structured. Most likely scenarios involve user error or technical glitch. Most unlikely is someone erasing our historical data out of spite.
                      I don't disagree with that. I'm sure you are right. I did not say it was done out of spite. I said it gives that appearance. Especially when handling that issue differently from among different sports. It is apparently no problem to avoid appearing petty if you want to as evidenced by WBB. Perhaps it is simply a lack of adequate training and oversight.

Is it a big deal? Probably not. Could it easily be avoided. Apparently yes.

Does it cause any unnecessary ill will with departing players and, if so, does that generate more negativity from these former players than otherwise might be the case? I don't know. And if it does is that important at all?
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 1, 2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I don't disagree with that. I'm sure you are right. I did not say it was done out of spite. I said it gives that appearance. Especially when handling that issue differently from among different sports. It is apparently no problem to avoid appearing petty if you want to as evidenced by WBB. Perhaps it is simply a lack of adequate training and oversight.

Is it a big deal? Probably not. Could it easily be avoided. Apparently yes.

Does it cause any unnecessary ill will with departing players and, if so, does that generate more negativity from these former players than otherwise might be the case? I don't know. And if it does is that important at all?
                        It happened last year too. Lasted less than a week. We will see if it’s the same this year. My guess was that they were doing some level of copy paste with the master data.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

It happened last year too. Lasted less than a week. We will see if it’s the same this year. My guess was that they were doing some level of copy paste with the master data.
                          No doubt. Instead of A B C D they probably went D A C B. And probably the same person that did it last year D A C B.

And pictures for new players rarely if ever go up until picture day when players officially report for school. Every team should charge admission for fans to watch this, it's generally a lot of fun to see the kids hamming it up for the cameras. Volleyball could charge triple. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Your guess is as good as any and better than most. However, the Volleyball players who played the full season last year before departing the program were deleted no later than April 6th when ShockTalk brought it up on the Volleyball channel. As of this posting that remains to be the case so that is going on 4 months.

The 2021 volleyball roster is up and complete except for the photos of the newcomers which as Doc points out is never done before picture day. But I think that has only been done recently. So will see if perhaps those 2020 roster deletions get restored in the next week or so.

Comment

Is the schedule finalized? If so, the roster should be also as it stands today

Comment

Working...
                              X