Pre-game - WSU VS. ILL. ST. ROAD WARRIORS ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-game - WSU VS. ILL. ST. ROAD WARRIORS ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Here's the deal. Let's just win it the Valley Championship outright so we can have it all to ourselves. Let's leave no doubts. When we became road warriors, great things begin to happen. Illinois State is tough to beat at home and will not want us winning in their yad. This game will NOT be a cake walk Thus, as always, we play them 1 game at time. Look for Stutz to get back on track in this game. Few prognosticaters thought we would win the Valley this Season. We already have and we refuse to share.

Road Warriors-- 77

Illinois State--70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

76 to 68 Da Shocks!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Bombs away!

WSU 90,
      ISU 68

Comment

The Shocks came home from the triple-overtime with Drake a game behind Creighton in the Valley race and facing perhaps the toughest stretch of games on their schedule: @MSU, vs INS, vs UNI @CU, vs MSU and @BB Game (Davidson). The Shocks responded with the best stretch of basketball of this season and perhaps one of the best stretches of basketball in Shocker history. Not sure what aphrodisiac 3G gave them to trigger this run but I sure hope it does not wear off as we close the regular season out at Illinois State and at home vs Drake on Senior Night.

Shocks have now presented themselves with another terrific opportunity. To build a masterpiece of a resume that will garner them the highest possible seed in NCAA play. The by-products of that being an outright MVC title and a memorable Senior Night. Or perhaps building the sparkling NCAA resume will be the by-product of winning an outright MVC title and having a memorable Senior Night. Either way the opportunity is there.

Illinois State is capable of giving the Shocks a good game and even pulling off an upset. Jackie Carmichael is playing well and is capable of neutralizing or even out-playing Garrett. The Shocks are playing at such a high level right now it is hard to imagine them losing to any Valley team again. I think the guys have the eye of the tiger right now and they will not allow themselves to falter.

Doesn't matter how badly any of the Valley teams have played at times, they always seem to have their best efforts and best performances saved up for the Shocks and I would expect that is what we will get from Illinois State.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          The Shocks came home from the triple-overtime with Drake a game behind Creighton in the Valley race and facing perhaps the toughest stretch of games on their schedule: @MSU, vs INS, vs UNI @CU, vs MSU and @BB Game (Davidson). The Shocks responded with the best stretch of basketball of this season and perhaps one of the best stretches of basketball in Shocker history. Not sure what aphrodisiac 3G gave them to trigger this run but I sure hope it does not wear off as we close the regular season out at Illinois State and at home vs Drake on Senior Night.

Shocks have now presented themselves with another terrific opportunity. To build a masterpiece of a resume that will garner them the highest possible seed in NCAA play. The by-products of that being an outright MVC title and a memorable Senior Night. Or perhaps building the sparkling NCAA resume will be the by-product of winning an outright MVC title and having a memorable Senior Night. Either way the opportunity is there.

Illinois State is capable of giving the Shocks a good game and even pulling off an upset. Jackie Carmichael is playing well and is capable of neutralizing or even out-playing Garrett. The Shocks are playing at such a high level right now it is hard to imagine them losing to any Valley team again. I think the guys have the eye of the tiger right now and they will not allow themselves to falter.

Doesn't matter how badly any of the Valley teams have played at times, they always seem to have their best efforts and best performances saved up for the Shocks and I would expect that is what we will get from Illinois State.

:poster_shocks:
          You nailed that like a split hog!

Well said!!!
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Shox -- 102
            Birds -- 71

Anyone know the last time the Shox scored 100 on the road?

Comment

The Shox have the target on their backs right now, but they also have an intimidation factor.

If the RedBirds have the slightest doubt about whether they can win the game, it becomes another ~20 point road win for the Shox.

If the Shox expect it's going to be another ~20 point road win, then it will be a war.

If there's a game to lose between now and March Madness, this is the one.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Angry Birds - 65
                Anthropomorphized Wheat - 77
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

This is the only game left that threatens me a bit. We didn't do so hot against these guys at home. But we are a different team now, so we should be know what to do this time around. Overall, I think the Shockers can do it.

Shox - 78
                  Birds - 62

Comment

Gotta take care of business - Redbird students plan on "storming the court" if they beat us. They haven't beat a ranked opponent at home for like 25 years.

Go Shocks!

Comment

In Redbird territory

By coincidence, I will be in the B-N area Wednesday and will take in this game.

I have never had a bad experience with Redbird fans and don't anticipate any this time. In fact, they have been very gracious in offering recommendations for the best pre & post-game locations for food and beverage.

I'm looking forward to seeing this team continue their roll and hopefully get to witness clinching the league title.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I-red is a pretty good team. We need to put them in their place.

Comment

ShockRef----Do you remember in 2006 when the Shockers clinched the MVC championship.

Was that also Ill. state ?

Comment

Actually, it was ISU-Red. The only difference being it was @ Koch. I would imagine the celebration, should it occur, will be toned down a bit vs 2006.
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

ShockRef----Have you ever heard of a team cutting down nets at the opponents arena when a championship is clinched ?

I have not seen that.

Comment

Working...
                              X