No announcement yet.

The Team In General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing against the kid, but I gotta agree with Maggie, that is, there's a reason he's a walkon.

Comment

PJ is probably the best option but we need him elsewhere.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is Bret Micheal a walk on or a "walk on" ?

He came from Sunrise and most kids coming from private schools like Sunrise can get an academic scholarship, especially to WSU.

So why give him a scholarship from the AD when he can get a general scholarship and then "walk on" ?

Comment

I went to High School with Bret, so this is a great time for me!

Yes, at SCA there is an award named after Bret, but it's not a performance award. It's a work award for the player who works the hardest, on and off the court. Bret is an amazing guy off the court and works hard at everything.

He was the best player on our very good high school team.

As for scholarships, I agree with Rosewood. He is probably here on an academic scholarship. Everyone in his family is very smart, and why use an athletic scholarship when you don't need to?

Also, Bret is spelled with ONE T....
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
            I do not have any inside information but I doubt Michaels was ever a serious option to back up MB because like I wrote twice – if that were the case it would have happened before MB was injured. We all know that CGM was not pleased with Mekel at PG.

I have nothing against Michaels but if he is the best option to play PG, I have serious reservations about WSU Basketball.

If he is as good as you people seem to think he is – then let us see if his minutes continue to increase. More importantly, let's see if he gets off the bench and plays legitimate minutes if MB returns to the line up and can play at 100%.
            Micheal was one of the early-season concussion victims. He missed a sizeable chunk of valuable practice time. The time when the players were learning the system. So that is likely the reason he hadn't seen any time until now. I think I recall Marshall on the radio saying as much.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Originally posted by Maggie
              I do not have any inside information but I doubt Michaels was ever a serious option to back up MB because like I wrote twice – if that were the case it would have happened before MB was injured. We all know that CGM was not pleased with Mekel at PG.

I have nothing against Michaels but if he is the best option to play PG, I have serious reservations about WSU Basketball.

If he is as good as you people seem to think he is – then let us see if his minutes continue to increase. More importantly, let's see if he gets off the bench and plays legitimate minutes if MB returns to the line up and can play at 100%.
              Micheal was one of the early-season concussion victims. He missed a sizeable chunk of valuable practice time. The time when the players were learning the system. So that is likely the reason he hadn't seen any time until now. I think I recall Marshall on the radio saying as much.
              Coming from you, that's fair. So what is your opinion. For the time being, I stand by mine.

Comment

Also, Bret is spelled with ONE T....
                Sorry about that. I didn't realize.... spelling noted.

Comment

It's ok. Just sayin cause there is a Brett on the team too...
                  Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                  Students > Alumni
                  If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                  The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                  X