No announcement yet.

State of the Program 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the 70's it seemed to me like there were 3 or 4 people in the AD's office and they had football back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Seems like the Asst men’s golf coach is no longer a position
      Isn’t that what a caddie is for?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Isn’t that what a caddie is for?
        No caddies in college golf...just Dr. Phil clones for the mental midgets.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

No caddies in college golf...just Dr. Phil clones for the mental midgets.
          I resemble that remark. And I'm not a midget...my mom had me tested.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            I know that a few administrative assistants and the men’s basketball video guy had their positions cut for the next fiscal year. I hadn’t heard of any other cuts...though I wouldn’t doubt that other cuts have been or need made. Tough times at 21st and Hillside.
            I would imagine this is happening all around college programs - if you don't have money coming in, you either have to borrow money or cut back in the non-essentials.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I would imagine this is happening all around college programs - if you don't have money coming in, you either have to borrow money or cut back in the non-essentials.
              Hopefully, they allow fans back next year and fans fill up the arena like they used to before the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Hopefully, they allow fans back next year and fans fill up the arena like they used to before the pandemic.
                Right...
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post

Not sure the NCAA does much more than wait things out untit the matter goes away with the Elite teams of college basketball They may get some of the programs and give them a penalty (Oklahoma State & LSU) for payoffs, but not the top preferred ones. From listening to the tapes presented for evidence, it seems clear that people were caught and exposed. Heck I’m still waiting for North Carolina to serve their penalty for the “academic fraud” scandal so many years ago. Not a fan of all the rules of the NCAA, but if you don’t take care of blatant cheating when exposed, you don’t stand for anything.

I’ve heard our Shocker program was accused of some things during the Gene Smithson Era? Don’t think we were given the same treatment. If we were, there might be a few national championship banners up in Koch Arena.

I’ m not going to be alright with blaming a few assistant coaches and pretending the head coaches of the schools had no idea what was going on. Really not plausible to me. John Calipari has been penalized a few times for doing the same thing as others. He seems to have figured out the system, get to a school we’re cheating your brains out is acceptable.
                  You're right about the severity of the sanctions for WSU. My version is that the Kansas City Star started what amounted to a media feeding frenzy following allegations by a Wichita Doctor about Smithson ethical violations. But in the end the NCAA got WSU for violations that took place under the previous coach. Unfortunately the Smithson program paid the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

You're right about the severity of the sanctions for WSU. My version is that the Kansas City Star started what amounted to a media feeding frenzy following allegations by a Wichita Doctor about Smithson ethical violations. But in the end the NCAA got WSU for violations that took place under the previous coach. Unfortunately the Smithson program paid the price.
                    SI said that Smithson paid for a players girlfriends abortion...amongst other things. That was pretty salacious. It’s almost as if the media has never been trustworthy.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

SI said that Smithson paid for a players girlfriends abortion...amongst other things. That was pretty salacious. It’s almost as if the media has never been trustworthy.
                      The media is, generally, trustworthy. You just have to recognize that they have an agenda and their ultimate goal is to sell papers. The Star did that well. But the NCAA didn’t penalize us for Star articles; they penalized us for other things. Nonetheless, we fell victim to the investigation process similar to an IRS audit; once they start digging, they’ll find something. We just weren’t in “favored” status with the NCAA. (And certain KU factions in KC had it out for us.)

Comment

• The state of our program is looking solid. I'm hoping the best for IB and am impressed with his recruiting class. Having that one last ship reserved may be a big plus down the road. These Shocks are going to be exciting to watch.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• HCIB has done a tremendous job thus far. He has shown he can manage the program, he can recruit, now we just have to see what he can do with a full offseason to install an offense.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• We gots us one backflippin talented roster. Combined with a solid core of experienced returners, and this is shaping up to be one tremendous season, even by Shocker expectations.
                            The ol' south mast is beginning to stir....this season can't come fast enough.

Comment

• We NEED Dexter to come in and start strong. The last 2 years he’s taken a half year to get going.

Comment

• I'm thinking TE may get some valuable minutes also at point guard? Our inside game seems much more versatile with quality depth. and improved rebounding. How practical is our early ratings of a top 30 team?
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X