State of the Program 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    The NCAA didn't start investigating until May 2019, at the request of federal prosecutors. The NCAA has only been investigating for 2 years.
    It will be 3 years this time next year given the new NCAA investigation deadline. But it seems longer because the NCAA has has had their eye on Self's program for a number of years.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

But it seems longer because the NCAA has has had their eye on Self's program for a number of years.
      If that's really the case, and I doubt it because I follow College Basketball, they haven't been too worried about it up in Lawrence.

Didn't that guard from years ago, sheoron collins, get his jersey retired?
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 1, 2021, 01:14 AM.

Comment

CBS should focus on KU on their Tuesday night show FBI. They would have it solved in 1 hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          The NCAA didn't start investigating until May 2019, at the request of federal prosecutors. The NCAA has only been investigating for 2 years.
          Not sure the NCAA does much more than wait things out untit the matter goes away with the Elite teams of college basketball They may get some of the programs and give them a penalty (Oklahoma State & LSU) for payoffs, but not the top preferred ones. From listening to the tapes presented for evidence, it seems clear that people were caught and exposed. Heck I’m still waiting for North Carolina to serve their penalty for the “academic fraud” scandal so many years ago. Not a fan of all the rules of the NCAA, but if you don’t take care of blatant cheating when exposed, you don’t stand for anything.

I’ve heard our Shocker program was accused of some things during the Gene Smithson Era? Don’t think we were given the same treatment. If we were, there might be a few national championship banners up in Koch Arena.

I’ m not going to be alright with blaming a few assistant coaches and pretending the head coaches of the schools had no idea what was going on. Really not plausible to me. John Calipari has been penalized a few times for doing the same thing as others. He seems to have figured out the system, get to a school we’re cheating your brains out is acceptable.

Comment

The state of the program appears strong

Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; May 4, 2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Great job Coach IB on snagging your first Top 150 recruit that can play 4 & 5 and can also shoot the 3. Love it

Comment

We can burn the other two scholarships for all I care. This is the one that I wanted.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

I don't pay much close attention on phog net. but I do seem to remember that though it is a sweet deal, there is a back door clause to fire Self for future cheating and other forms of naughtiness.
                  LOL You read it wrong. He can be fired for NOT cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

LOL You read it wrong. He can be fired for NOT cheating.
                    You read it wrong. He can be fired for not upholding the most sacred values of Kansas University.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You read it wrong. He can be fired for not upholding the most sacred values of Kansas University.
                      That's the same thing he said ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's the same thing he said ...
                        Oh shucks. My bad.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Not sure where to post this but has anyone else heard that the AD has gotten rid of graduate assistants for all sports? Also that film coaches have also been let go. Get the feeling that covid has hit our program very hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                            Not sure where to post this but has anyone else heard that the AD has gotten rid of graduate assistants for all sports? Also that film coaches have also been let go. Get the feeling that covid has hit our program very hard.
                            At least for some sports that would be devastatingly stupid.

Comment

• I know that a few administrative assistants and the men’s basketball video guy had their positions cut for the next fiscal year. I hadn’t heard of any other cuts...though I wouldn’t doubt that other cuts have been or need made. Tough times at 21st and Hillside.
                              78-65

Comment

• Seems like the Asst men’s golf coach is no longer a position

Comment

Working...
                                X