1 More Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread Doc.

Special team with special players and special coaching. It's all over in a little more than a week, at least here at home.

I too hope the crowd realizes this and how great of a team we have and stays around a while after the game to celebrate.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And I hope a lot more will seize the opportunity to get to St. Louis and support the guys. If you've been, you already know, but it's a special time to support the program and it just might be a lot of fun in 2 weeks.

Comment

I wish I could. It's a horrible time with financial concerns and school. Of all the times.... Hopefully, I'll be able to start attending again in a few years.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Tailgating! Suh weet! Do they let us tailgate these days?
          I'd say tailgate after. If this tailgating idea grows some legs, post it up here, I have a pretty sweet tailgating rig (traeger grill with reciever hitch attachment) We could party into the night. I doubt if they'd throw us off the premises on a Saturday pm.

Comment

Comment

I'm very happy with the turnaround GS has shown in his game. I had all but written him off before he grew some stones and started playing like a man. If only he would have red-shirted. It was his idea to play right away if my memory serves?

I wouldn't call the current class one of our "greatest" recruiting classes considering our rich tradition, but it definitely is a very athletic bunch from top to bottom. The speed and athleticism just doesn't drop off much as you go down the bench. I would say GS is our most unathletic player, but he gets a pass due to the fact he is 7 feet tall and has acquired a nice skill set. ;) I'm thinking if he ever wants to make it to the NBA, he is going to need to get up to around 280 and pack on some more muscle.

I'm very happy with how the players have developed and I think coach has them playing very freely and with confidence. His methods look like madness at times until you start to see it all come to fruition. He is exactly the type of coach we needed to pound this pitiful conference into submission. He is arrogant and merciless and expects to be #1. I have always touted that we have by far the most resources in the Valley, I hope I am not made into a liar after we finish our NCAA run (yes I said it) as it will take about 2 million to stay competitive with his many upcoming job offers.

As thankful as I am for this season's performance, I see the caliber of players wearing a Shocker uniform only getting better. In a couple years you will not be able to tell Wichita State from Michigan State on the basketball floor. I truly believe that. Finally somebody worthy has taken up the reigns of the sleeping giant and kicked it's *** into gear. There is no reason Wichita State can't be the Memphis of the Valley. I fully expect it to be so.

CB Out!

T

...:cool:

Comment

+1
                In the fast lane

Comment

So, I take it that there is very little support for moving Senior Night recognition to after the Drake game (especially if clinch agaisnt Illinois State). I guess it doesn't make much difference.

Pre-game you miss on the later arrivers and post-game you miss on the early departers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    So, I take it that there is very little support for moving Senior Night recognition to after the Drake game (especially if clinch agaisnt Illinois State). I guess it doesn't make much difference.

Pre-game you miss on the later arrivers and post-game you miss on the early departers.
                    With a pre-game Senior recognition we get to celebrate twice. Before the game for the seniors and after the game with the whole team.

It should be a blast!

Comment

Go Shox
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Write it down now. I think that Garrett will be on an NBA roster within 2-3 years. I did not say he will be a star, although he could. Development league for a year or two and some team will give him a shot. He continues to improve. Garrett at age 25 will be more of a stud than he is today.

He deserves the POY but I think Doggie will get it.

Comment

Coud it be...............Stutzanity!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Tailgating! Suh weet! Do they let us tailgate these days?
                            I believe they will allow tailgating, but you have to call the athletic office in advance and let them know you are going to do it..............And if it is a nice day, I'm thinkin that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Comment

I wonder if the team can come join everybody?

Comment

Working...
                              X