Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 More Game

At home, and that's it.

It all started with Toure' Murry, David Kyles and Garrett Stutz. These young men, part of Gregg's first real recruiting class at WSU, 3 guys who have pulled the program back to where we all hope to be, will play their final home basketball game in Charles Koch Arena next Saturday night.

I think I hoped they would bring greatness to this storied program, but I don't think even I thought they would be this good. Toure' is going to leave this program as one of the 10-15 best all around players in the history of WSU basketball. Garrett will challenge for Player of the Year in the Valley (I think he should win it) and David Kyles, while mercurial at times, is as dangerous a shooter as we've had in 25 years.

But even more so, these 3 have represented the themselves, the University and the city with class and grace and are as fine young men as I have ever seen come through this program.

Next Saturday vs Drake is going to be tough. I can't believe it's almost over. I hope ShockerNation will give these guys a sendoff worthy of the effort and dedication they've given us.

Thank you guys.

re:

One of the great recruiting classes in the history of our program. Those 3 have a shot of winning 100 games (think they're at about 94 right now). And they're even better men. We'll miss them tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      At home, and that's it.

It all started with Toure' Murry, David Kyles and Garrett Stutz. These young men, part of Gregg's first real recruiting class at WSU, 3 guys who have pulled the program back to where we all hope to be, will play their final home basketball game in Charles Koch Arena next Saturday night.

I think I hoped they would bring greatness to this storied program, but I don't think even I thought they would be this good. Toure' is going to leave this program as one of the 10-15 best all around players in the history of WSU basketball. Garrett will challenge for Player of the Year in the Valley (I think he should win it) and David Kyles, while mercurial at times, is as dangerous a shooter as we've had in 25 years.

But even more so, these 3 have represented the themselves, the University and the city with class and grace and are as fine young men as I have ever seen come through this program.

Next Saturday vs Drake is going to be tough. I can't believe it's almost over. I hope ShockerNation will give these guys a sendoff worthy of the effort and dedication they've given us.

Thank you guys.
      Very well stated as always Doc. One picky point - the schedule shows Saturay's game at 12:30 pm and not a night game.

However, if that early afternoon game time is correct I wonder if they might consider moving the Senior recognition ceremonies to after the Drake game instead of before the Drake game, especially if they clinch the outright Championship at Illinois State. I think it would be cool to combine the Senior recognition followed by a net cutting ceremony.

My only concern is Shocker fans are notorious for not hanging around after games. But maybe this year's circumstance would render that concern moot.

Comment

Thinking of this group of seniors makes me think of this tune for some reason:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Couldn't be more proud of these young men - Garrett, Toure', David, Joe, & Ben - you make our coummunity proud. I think Senior recognition and net cutting after the game would be great - then a pep rally and on to the Lou to win another championship.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
            Couldn't be more proud of these young men - Garrett, Toure', David, Joe, & Ben - you make our coummunity proud. I think Senior recognition and net cutting after the game would be great - then a pep rally and on to the Lou to win another championship.
            The weather may be pretty nice so maybe a little tailgating before and or after the game also. Might have to get Kung Wu and Dave to join us before and after.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              The weather may be pretty nice so maybe a little tailgating before and or after the game also. Might have to get Kung Wu and Dave to join us before and after.
              Fantabulous idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                One of the great recruiting classes in the history of our program. Those 3 have a shot of winning 100 games (think they're at about 94 right now). And they're even better men. We'll miss them tremendously.

I hate to even think of this......Gregg could get his 300th coaching victory in the cradle where he cut his coaching teeth. The 100th win for the 3 four year seniors could come as they would potentially hoist the 1st postseason MVC title in 25 years. Breaking the school record for wins (which they already own) puts them in the round of 32 (at least).

Special times indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Tailgating! Suh weet! Do they let us tailgate these days?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Tailgating! Suh weet! Do they let us tailgate these days?
                    No
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      No
                      Looks like we will have to just tailgate in the streets then.

Comment

I don't understand what they have against it. I've seen them make people stop when caught. It's ridiculous as it doesn't hurt anybody and can only help create a great gameday experience and atmosphere inside The Roundhouse.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tailgate before each game !
                          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I don't understand what they have against it. I've seen them make people stop when caught. It's ridiculous as it doesn't hurt anybody and can only help create a great gameday experience and atmosphere inside The Roundhouse.
                            I suppose the only argument I can think of against it would be that some people are pretty disrespectful when they are doing it and leave litter strewn about -- and it costs a lot of money to clean that trash up.

That said, they should see if that becomes a problem and then try and manage it with in game announcements and then squash the whole thing if it continues to be a problem.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's notable that during the time Stutz, Murry, and Kyles spent here, the biggest "scandal" was one player (not one of them) missed class a couple of times and was penalized for that. Not many upper-level programs can boast of a program that clean and that free of problems with players.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X