This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    People are really sensitive today on SN. Self was just posturing for the camera and doing his part to build up the tension for Rivalry Week on Big Monday. No biggie.
    Agreed.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Who cares what the coach of Tulsa says on TV?

Comment

I swear, some of you guys have an inferiority complex when anyone mentions KU or KSU and doesn't pump up WSU in the process. Seriously, were there 3 teams playing against each other Monday night in Manhattan and I didn't know about it? Last I checked, we don't play in the Sunflower Showdown, so why on earth would Bill Self or Frank Martin mention us during the game?

Some of you need to tone this "we don't get no respect" stuff down a little bit, as it's getting a little pathetic. We know our team is one of the best in the nation, why isn't that enough? Why do we have to worry about what Bill Self or Frank Martin says in a comment that shouldn't have included us in the first place. I highly doubt 3G would mention KU or KSU in a pre-game video before a Creighton game.

Our WSU promos that say "We are Wichita State" don't mention KU or KSU. Maybe we should include them so those fans don't think we're "disrespecting" them.

/rolls eyes

Comment

This is a sad thread.

Comment

As a fan of Bethel, I too am offended.

Shut it.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I said same thing to some KU fans today, I said wsu would score too much for ku....they said did not matter as wsu is on a different level than ku, cant compare? I said yea ku lost last 2 vs mvc.

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              The way both of these teams are playing right now, WSU would beat both of them. I don't think it would even be close either.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                I swear, some of you guys have an inferiority complex when anyone mentions KU or KSU and doesn't pump up WSU in the process. Seriously, were there 3 teams playing against each other Monday night in Manhattan and I didn't know about it? Last I checked, we don't play in the Sunflower Showdown, so why on earth would Bill Self or Frank Martin mention us during the game?

Some of you need to tone this "we don't get no respect" stuff down a little bit, as it's getting a little pathetic. We know our team is one of the best in the nation, why isn't that enough? Why do we have to worry about what Bill Self or Frank Martin says in a comment that shouldn't have included us in the first place. I highly doubt 3G would mention KU or KSU in a pre-game video before a Creighton game.

Our WSU promos that say "We are Wichita State" don't mention KU or KSU. Maybe we should include them so those fans don't think we're "disrespecting" them.

/rolls eyes
                Totally agree. We need to focus on our team and program and forget either team exists as a potential opponent. As Sullentrop said last in the weekly chat, talk of KU-WSU is old and tired and would take away the focus of a really great season, making our criteria for success or failure based on whether we won or lost a game with them. Give it up...i
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

It was Frank Martin who said it. Then they shot over to Bill Self.

It's a non-issue. It was an ESPN interview trying to add hype to the game.

Overblown.
                  ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

/rolls eyes
                    A voice of reason. Thank you. Tired of hearing the "we get disrespected." How many times do SN posters "disrespect" KU and KSU here and when they are talking in public. I don't consider it being disrespectful -- I consider it sports talk. Enough already. I suppose that once we start having the success KU has had the last 10 years or so, then we may have a leg to stand on. Until then ---

Comment

So, not only was the sentiment boneheaded, but the OP even got the source wrong?

Holy cow. Colossal thread fail.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I'm closing this thread. If someone really wants to open it back up, they can, but it's in a new thread where the details are correct, and we aren't calling out a team or coach that didn't say what the thread says they said.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X