No announcement yet.

Shocks vs MSU Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somone said earlier, and I think it's true, when GS had to sit the bench, it totally changed our game plan and the Birds weren't ready for the adjustment. We went zone on defense and went to a more driving type offense. It's a catch 22 when we're at our best. Would you rather play us with or without Stutz because we can get it done either way.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Sadly, that was true on Saturday. Of the 4 fouls called on him, I felt only one was legit. I could have accepted the offensive foul if they'd ever called it on Echenique considering he did the same thing, only with much more force, on every single post move.

I really wish the officials would let him play like they do other post players in the conference. He's hardly the most physical but gets called for more ticky tack fouls than any other.
      Just to add a bit, Garrett was called for a foul against GE on a play where Greg did EXACTLY the same thing to Garrett that Garrett was earlier whistled for against Wragge (I think). I also felt Greg's elbow was thrown with much more force, but I admit my bias, and it could be that Greg is just that much stronger. But the act was as similar as it could have been. One call was a charge against Garrett, the other a defensive foul against Garrett. He can't win for losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Somone said earlier, and I think it's true, when GS had to sit the bench, it totally changed our game plan and the Birds weren't ready for the adjustment. We went zone on defense and went to a more driving type offense. It's a catch 22 when we're at our best. Would you rather play us with or without Stutz because we can get it done either way.
        I thought we played better when GS was on the bench. Seemed more like the Calipari dribble-drive offense. Not that each game we are better w/out GS, just this particular matchup.

Comment

Afraid to say it , But coming off the High Emotions of poundin Creaton , the boys feel a litle over confident and get punched in the mouth by a Hungry Bear, and have to fight tooth and nail to finally get a somewhat comfortable 8 point win 80 -72
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Shockers - 76
            Bears - 64

Comment

MSU has already won at CU.

They will not be afraid of Koch arena

Comment

Originally posted by tshox View Post

If I were the bares I would be more afraid of what the WSU TEAM is going to do to them. Shox 83 Bares 63

Comment

Joyce DiDonato State - 79
                  Kathy Bates State - 68

Comment

Originally posted by tshox View Post

It was obvious on Saturday that Koch Arena is far different than the CenturyLink. For 18k, they had a quiet crowd, even when the game was still close.

Comment

Some Bear fans predicting an MSU win, one by 14 points.

We still owe these guys from last year, the celebrating they did on our home court.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Some Bear fans predicting an MSU win, one by 14 points.
                        As you would certainly expect them to do.

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        We still owe these guys from last year, the celebrating they did on our home court.
                        Indeed.

Comment

Shox in a nail-biter. No shame in that, either.

Comment

Shox 88
                            Future members of CUSA? 72

Shox are going to be out for blood after being snubbed by the coach's poll. Weem's mom will not be as obnoxious Wednesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                              Shox are going to be out for blood after being snubbed by the coach's poll.
                              Let's hope so, although considering the Shocks are closing in on a Conference Championship and have the opportunity to polish their at-large resume to a brilliant sheen they should be ready to play regardless of any real or percieved poll snubbery.

Good Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

I predict a determined Shocker squad handles these guys. Call it 75-65. Also predicting simeone takes a parting shot at Weems

I also predict I will bump this thread with some relevancy above one of the hundred the DOFO club had started about which blogger in his mother's basement did or did not respect the Shockers.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X