Shocks vs MSU Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs MSU Bears

Ok, I hope the Shocks have had their 24 hours of fun. Now it's time to focus, focus, focus on Wednesday's game with the Bears.

Hopefully, the Shocks will not at all be content with what they accomplished to this point, which is really nothing yet. Look how quickly an outstanding season turned sour on Creighton (although they still have the opportunity to sweeten the drink yet).

The Shocks took advantage of a great opportunity this past week in oustanding fashion. The next opportunity for the Shocks is to now put an exclamation point on this season starting Wednesday. Just like we did with Creighton and UNI last week, let's make this season a no-doubter by continuing to play at a high level.

Caleb Patterson (6'11", 256 lb Sr) is back in the lineup for MSU so they will present a somewhat different challenge than they did in Springfield. Patterson definitely has the size and bulk to potentially neutralize Garrett. Weems, Pickens, Downing and Gulley are all very good players.

Hopefully, the Shocks continue with their dominating play and leave any antics to the Bears who due to extensive practice are simply better at the antics than are the Shocks.

Let's win big and let's win with class.
    :poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 12, 2012, 06:46 PM.

78 to 63 Da Shocks
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Going to be big test to stay focused. This is "chest thumper" superbowl. He will want to BBMAIN1.jpgon a Ranked WU Shock.

Comment

Please cropdust Mother Weems for me at every possible opportunity.

WSU 83,
        Large Gay Men 65

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post

WSU 83,
          Large Gay Men 65
          Thats some funny shat!

Comment

The President: 80
            The team whose 15 mins are up: 60

Comment

Here's the deal. No lions, no tigers, but some chest pounding bears is next on our agenda here at 21st and Hillside. Show NO mercy and just win. Every team we play will really strive to beat us at a time like this. No thanks. Not gonna do it!!!!!!! NOPPPPE!!!!!!!

Shockers---------------------79

who was it we play this time? 70
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The Shox are about to enter perilous waters. History shows our program has not frequented the Top 25 and the NCAA post-season tournament - and the current groups of players are no exception until now. We have always wanted this and now the team has earned their soon to be national ranking, hype, press, and other media attention. Will they start 'pulling' a Creighton all of a sudden and implode losing three straight or more? Will the hype and pressure be too much for a group of kids that will experience this for the first time?

All valid questions. SMS is a HUGE game for this program and will be the litmus test IMO, of how well this team performs the rest of the season. We've always had a target on our back because we are an upper tier program in the MVC. Now that we will be ranked and in first place, the target has expanded further. We will get everybody's best shot and then some.

Teams like SMS, ISU red and Drake have zip to play for other than to knock us down from our pedestal this far into the season. Hey KC Shox, why can't you sit back and enjoy this for a little while? Believe me I am, but these concerns above and my skepticism of the NCAA selection committee and how they view mid-major programs weigh me down.

I anticipate the Shox will continue to stay hungry, stay focused on their mission they set at end beginning of this season and hammer away. The worst they can do now is beat themselves. These group of kids deserve better and I hope they follow through and not 'Creighton' themselves.

That said, Shox 81 - SMS 67.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post

WSU 83,
                  Large Gay Men 65
                  LOL.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If the Shockers play like they have been, this is a no brainer. STAY FOCUSED, BOYS! KEEP IT UP!

Shockers - 82
                    South West Misery - 65

Comment

I've been close the last few games. I'm going for dead on this time.

Wichita NOT-a-State: 81
                      Missouri sadly-a-State: 63
                      The Assman

Comment

Wichita - 85

SWOMO - 63

Shox keep it up and Garrett gets back on with another double/double. Patterson can't stop him.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Shox keep it up and Garrett gets back on with another double/double. Patterson can't stop him.
                          No player can stop him. Only the refs can ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            No player can stop him. Only the refs can ;)
                            Sadly, that was true on Saturday. Of the 4 fouls called on him, I felt only one was legit. I could have accepted the offensive foul if they'd ever called it on Echenique considering he did the same thing, only with much more force, on every single post move.

I really wish the officials would let him play like they do other post players in the conference. He's hardly the most physical but gets called for more ticky tack fouls than any other.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

bear-banging.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X