Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What grade do you give for the 2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grade do you give for the 2020-21 season?

A
    29.21%
    B
    56.18%
    C
    12.36%
    D
    1.12%
    F
    1.12%

I mean, we had a 98% all semester but then bombed the final exam.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      I mean, we had a 98% all semester but then bombed the final exam.
      Seems like the right answer. I was on the path to an A until the last three games...those really put a hurt on the overall grade.

Comment

Reg season an A- and post season a big fat F

Comment

Are we grading based on normal standard expectations? Or based on expectations from the start of the year... Two different grades there.

Comment

Hard for me not to give an A after considering all of the circumstances. If it was Marshall at the helm I’d probably say B.
            Last edited by pie n eye; March 21, 2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Are we grading on the basis that most of us have no insights into practice , not much coaching ability of our own to draw on, and maybe not a ton of understanding of the game? In that case, I’d say B

Comment

I still went with A. We didn't finish strong. But we did have wins over 2 sweet 16 teams! Lol

Plus my expectations were VERY low. So overall I still said A
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

After 6 player defections. Most of who played significant minutes? Picked 7th in the preseason?

Hmm....

Comment

Absolutely A. After the crap that has happened since last March just having BB was great. Kudos to the team and staff for the effort this year. Wish we could have won the first four game but it wasn’t to be.

Comment

I was gonna go with a C simply due to the last 3 games. Seems like we regressed at the wrong time of year and didn't see us putting it all together by years end. BUT...considering a last second coaching change, all the transfers, what we DID accomplish...and of course the chinese virus...this team deserves a SOLID B imo. So a B from me!!!!

Go SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

IC for incomplete.

Comment

Hovering in A- to B+ territory. Went with the B probably due to recency bias. Come summer their grade could increase. The last three games just hurt too much right now.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

Can't be an A. There is room for improvement. Grades should be consistent year to year. If this is acceptable for you every year, then this year could grade an A according to you. I, however would be unsatisfied if this happened over the next, 4 or 5 years, so I gave it a B. Definitely above a passing grade, but we didn't show an expertise in the subject matter at the end.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The revamp of the roster with 7 new players: New PGs to learn the system, no improvement at the center, and still experienced smallish at the 4.

Add COVID. Ok, I have in mind what I expect. Not what I hoped for. What I expected.

Marshall turmoil. This could not have a good affect on the team. Marshall resigns. Lowered the above expectation.

Was winning the conference in my first expectation? No. Making post season? No. First division, Yes. All this dropped a notch with Marshall leaving at the last minute.

Disappointed how we played in the AAC tourney? Yes. Disappointed how we played in the NCAA? Yes. Did I expect to have those opportunities? No.

Therefore, how we did in tournament play, while disappointing, was not considered, because I didn't expect to get that far. It was gravy. Oh yeah, disappointed, but we still get to hang a couple of banners.

Therefore, my A, B, C, D, and F grades were evaluated from what I expected which would be a C grade. My vote is an A.

The bar has now been set, so I'm probably going to be hard to please next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X